Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, Pork Slops said:

I mean theres being confident in Woodgate and then saying you dont want Guardiola.

Yeah should have clarified I was talking about Sergi Guardiola a striker we tracked for 3 years I was just saying if we're going shiny sparkly new then those old targets for different managers hopefully don't come up too much.

If the club want to really troll me they should go back a few more years and try to sign Borja Baston and Delort. It's just a random article on a low grade rumour site right now the Frey thing but it fits into the whole long term club targets thing they say they've put in place so it's kind of worrying to me we'll spend the month and a half we have going through Gary Gill's European VFM leaderboard which might be based on an assessment of a player 1/2 years ago since we shelved it for so long. Cynic in me also read the Gazette line about using Leo's contacys to sign South American based players as a oh great De Pena 2.0 on the way.

Anyway I'm waiting and seeing on everything we don't have long to wait to see the pre season selections and transfer chases I'm hoping for the absolute best but expecting disappointment transfer wise since the last good summer window we had was... Erm maybe Aitor's 2014 one with Vossen n co? 

I'm not trying to be negative just realistic to what that backroom's served us before they couldn't do this policy right on a Prem budget they only got Adama last minute because it presented itself so if Summer 2016 is the model with an age limit since we want younger signings I'm sceptical. We missed alot of targets that summer from Mandi through to Rupp going through all of that again chasing Gill's gems wont be smooth sailing.

Edited by Jamie-H
22 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Bit of an update for those who want it... woody has spoken with Klopp... Keane with Poch... wouldn’t be surprised to see first team fringe players on loan to us 

Thank you for update mate. I really think we need to make better use of the loan market to strengthen areas we cant internally. Hope JW and RK links bear fruit.

Under TP the use of the loan market on the whole was horrific. Karanka on the other hand used the loan market very effectively during his championship tenure.

Derby are a good example from last season of how effective use of loan market can assist. Tomori, Mount and Wilson were cracking loan signings.

57 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Bit of an update for those who want it... woody has spoken with Klopp... Keane with Poch... wouldn’t be surprised to see first team fringe players on loan to us 

It will be interesting to see how they use the loan market this year. I presume they will be young players as opposed to seniors who cant get a game. Woodgate said we also had young ones ready to dip their toes in the first team so I suppose those we bring in from outside wont halt our academy players development. I presume those players are Spence, Tav and Malley. Are there any others close?

1 hour ago, TLF10 said:

Thank you for update mate. I really think we need to make better use of the loan market to strengthen areas we cant internally. Hope JW and RK links bear fruit.

Under TP the use of the loan market on the whole was horrific. Karanka on the other hand used the loan market very effectively during his championship tenure.

Derby are a good example from last season of how effective use of loan market can assist. Tomori, Mount and Wilson were cracking loan signings.

The flip side for derby is they have lost their 3 best players with little chance of loaning them again, Even with these they only just finished above us. That’s a decent amount of money to spend essentially just to stand still.

22 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

The flip side for derby is they have lost their 3 best players with little chance of loaning them again, Even with these they only just finished above us. That’s a decent amount of money to spend essentially just to stand still.

Yeah that is very true but unlike Derby i think we have a good spine to our team which is made up of our permanent players. Its a case of supplementing that spine and not making the loan players the spine which is what Derby ended up very close to doing.

8 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Yeah that is very true but unlike Derby i think we have a good spine to our team which is made up of our permanent players. Its a case of supplementing that spine and not making the loan players the spine which is what Derby ended up very close to doing.

Villa got promoted with loan players for both centre backs and their top scorer, so it doesn’t really matter to me whether they are spine players or not, but more that they are good players (not Alex Nimley...)

• Like 1

One thing I will be interested to see is how many players Woodie wants within his squad. Karanka was very big on having 2 players for each position. Pulis wanted a smaller squad of i think he said 17 outfield players.

I think in this league u really do need 2 players in each position so hope woodie follows Karanka method as far as squad size is concerned. Karanka would not have allowed himself to be in a position TP found himself time and again last season where at times 1/3rd of the starting 11 was out of position.

1 hour ago, BegSteeleOrBoro said:

Villa got promoted with loan players for both centre backs and their top scorer, so it doesn’t really matter to me whether they are spine players or not, but more that they are good players (not Alex Nimley...)

I think the point being made was Derby have lost their spine and have to replace it just to standstill, whereas we will likely keep ours and can use whatever little resource we have to build..