Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Bit of an update for those who want it... woody has spoken with Klopp... Keane with Poch... wouldn’t be surprised to see first team fringe players on loan to us 

Woodgate also mentioned Brazil in his interview so wouldn’t be surprised if we tapped into that market should the right player become available. 

Marcus Edwards is someone I'd like to think were asking spurs about if the rumours are true.

Couple of years ago poch compared him to messi. Flopped a bit when he was on loan with Norwich due to injuries and apparent attitude issues. Went out to Holland and got his career on track last season and was being raved about over there - most dribbles per 90 in the eredivese and 2nd most fouled - plays on the right or in number 10. Could be a good traore replacement finally.

1 hour ago, Snowblind said:

Mikaël Debève...

Part of the one of the most 'heroic' Boro performances I've ever seen, in the FA Cup Semi Final at Old Trafford against Arsenal in the '01-'02 season.  Him, Luke Wilkshire, Robbie Mustoe and Allan Johnston going toe to toe with the team who won the double and arguably having the better of it ?

Not trying to claim this is the squad for the season by ANY stretch of the imagination. But, discounting unknown signings, and using the basis of the squad and more prominent youth we already have - maybe this is our starting point. (Fully aware that some best player positions are very much up for debate and that we'd need some additions)

Sell;
Gestede, Johnson & Braithwaite.

Squad;
GK: Randolph, Pears, Fryer.
CB: Fry, Ayala, Flint, Wood, Stubbs.
RB: Shotton, Spence.
LB: Friend, Coulson.
DM: Clayton, Liddle.
CM: Wing, McNair, Saville, Howson, Malley.
RF: Walker.
LF: Tavernier, Brahimi
ST: Assombalonga, Fletcher, Armstrong.

4-3-3;
------------------ Assombalonga ------------------
- Tavernier ------------------------------ Walker -
------------------- Wing - McNair ------------------
----------------------- Clayton ----------------------
---------- Friend - Fry - Ayala - Shotton --------
---------------------- Randolph ----------------------

Edited by 2plus2
14 hours ago, LinoJo3 said:

I think we will see old targets popping up as clearly the recruitment team are back in charge where as last summer it looks like pulis took over control. 

I think the recruitment team have always been in charge.

Saville - tried to sign him before he moved to millwall.

flint - tried to sign him when monk was here.

McNair - don’t know if we had tried to sign him in the past but looked like pulis never rated him.

1 hour ago, 2plus2 said:

Not trying to claim this is the squad for the season by ANY stretch of the imagination. But, discounting unknown signings, and using the basis of the squad and more prominent youth we already have - maybe this is our starting point. (Fully aware that some best player positions are very much up for debate and that we'd need some additions)

Sell;
Gestede, Johnson & Braithwaite.

Squad;
GK: Randolph, Pears, Fryer.
CB: Fry, Ayala, Flint, Wood, Stubbs.
RB: Shotton, Spence.
LB: Friend, Coulson.
DM: Clayton, Liddle.
CM: Wing, McNair, Saville, Howson, Malley.
RF: Walker.
LF: Tavernier, Brahimi
ST: Assombalonga, Fletcher, Armstrong.

4-3-3;
------------------ Assombalonga ------------------
- Tavernier ------------------------------ Walker -
------------------- Wing - McNair ------------------
----------------------- Clayton ----------------------
---------- Friend - Fry - Ayala - Shotton --------
---------------------- Randolph ----------------------

I have a hunch that Howson will have a massive season for us

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Boro 86 said:

I have a hunch that Howson will have a massive season for us

I love Howson, have done since he was at Leeds, not someone I'd want us to lose. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, ABH said:

McNair - don’t know if we had tried to sign him in the past but looked like pulis never rated him.

The slightly concerning thing about that is that I don't think you can make a case for any of them being good enough to make the step up to the Premier League or for any of them having a higher value in the future.  McNair I'd make some allowances for as he just hasn't had enough football here to show what he's capable of in fairness.  So if the transfers were recruitment team lead then what exactly were they thinking when recommending and then pushing through the purchases of these players?  I feel like people there get fixated on certain names, whoever they might be, and then they become players who we almost have to get even if some time has passed.  Could be wrong of course but it has seem to happen a few times here recently.

6 hours ago, ABH said:

we tried to sign Saville when he left Chelsea, but he chose Wolves