oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

5 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I know we are looking at youth but i still think Adomah on a free transfer under the right terms is a no brainer. Obv he needs to receptive to our approach and hopefully sensible deal offer.

Not saying he should start every game, far from it but he can comfortably play on either left fkanks. Think he would be a good addition.  

I think we missed the boat on Adomah. Last summer was probably the ideal time if we were to go for him. I think at his age we would need to offer very low wages to make it worthwhile. Although if we did somehow get him on a cheap deal it would at least give us some cover and experience in a position we have next to nothing. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

No thanks.. if we wanted old cover we might as well have kept Downing.

If downing had Alberts numbers in last few seasons (goals and assists) i would happily have kept him.

I dont think we should look away from a deal simply because a player is a certain age or an ex player. I think each deal should be judged on its own merits. If a player can still make a positive contribution and it makes financial sense then go for it imo.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Josh Koroma has signed for Huddersfield another one gone. 

Think you will see a lot of this... we are offering what we think and if they don’t want to sign for the terms offered then we are moving on

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Think you will see a lot of this... we are offering what we think and if they don’t want to sign for the terms offered then we are moving on

Good!  I know we all want the top signings but I'm genuinely excited for seeing what we are going to be this season.  For the past however many years we have bought players and it's not really worked.  New direction all together so for that I am happy!  I've been wanting this for years.  

2 hours ago, TLF10 said:

I know we are looking at youth but i still think Adomah on a free transfer under the right terms is a no brainer. Obv he needs to receptive to our approach and hopefully sensible deal offer.

Not saying he should start every game, far from it but he can comfortably play on either left fkanks. Think he would be a good addition.  

No.  

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, whitefeather said:

So you are happy for us not to be signing our targets ?. That seems a strange way of looking at things. You've been wanting this for years ?

That's not really what he's said. He said that throwing money at players has been relatively unsuccessful. We want to get our targets in, but there's little to gain in being held to ransom even over proven players, let alone young ones who represent a risk.

• Like 1

Still essentially does us no good if we get no Players in. We’ve been strongly linked to Becker and koroma so far and both have gone elsewhere, I can imagine they were high up on our list since we were linked pretty early on.

7 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Still essentially does us no good if we get no Players in. We’ve been strongly linked to Becker and koroma so far and both have gone elsewhere, I can imagine they were high up on our list since we were linked pretty early on.

It's not even July yet. 

Plus, getting linked with a player early has no bearing on how high up the list they are. Koroma might have been made available say, a week or two ago, and we registered our interest just to test the waters.

Becker I think probably was a target, but we won't be the only club that misses out on players this summer. 

5 hours ago, mendieta420 said:

Heard we used a 1 year extension to keep Brahimi, anyone heard anything on him?

I was told he was off to either Lyon or PSG as he and TP never got on. It could quite possibly of changed under woodgate to be fair and hope it has as he has a bright future.