oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:
36 minutes ago, Tom said:

Ayala and Friend would be relatively surprising, as would Clayton I suppose. Just because they feel like they're part of the furniture by now. As soon as he makes an appearance, Friend will have played under 7 Boro managers (including caretakers). Not many recent players can say that! 

The first two should have been out the door before now so I don't know if I'd be surprised or not if they left.  I can't see them being cut price however as I doubt they'd be worth much anyway.

It depends how you view 'surprised' I suppose. The players mentioned have all been here a while, and have hardly ever been linked with moves elsewhere, and from what I've seen, people seem to assume they'll be here next season, so in that respect, it could be considered surprising if they were sold.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Tom said:

I know it's been mentioned elsewhere, but Bristol City have signed Kalas on a permanent deal. They've played a blinder to upgrade from Flint for essentially £3m.

Wasnt Flint 7m?

Just now, Tom said:

It depends how you view 'surprised' I suppose. The players mentioned have all been here a while, and have hardly ever been linked with moves elsewhere, and from what I've seen, people seem to assume they'll be here next season, so in that respect, it could be considered surprising if they were sold.

Yeah I see what you're saying but I think at some point we should be looking to move on and there shouldn't be surprise at that.  Friend isn't what he was and I don't believe the other two are either.

3 minutes ago, Pork Slops said:
9 minutes ago, Tom said:

I know it's been mentioned elsewhere, but Bristol City have signed Kalas on a permanent deal. They've played a blinder to upgrade from Flint for essentially £3m.

Wasnt Flint 7m?

I was thinking £5m, but that was McNair, wasn't it? Yeah Flint was £7m. 

Cheers Pulis.

13 minutes ago, Tom said:

I know it's been mentioned elsewhere, but Bristol City have signed Kalas on a permanent deal. They've played a blinder to upgrade from Flint for essentially £1m.

• Like 1

Unpopular opinion... IF Stoke (or others) want to pay a decent fee for Randz, we should absolutely sell. 
One of the reasons for him to shine like last season was us sitting back and let the opponents attack us.. If it's going to be us attacking and playing it out from the back, he is not my first choice in this league... 

But I would for sure keep, Wing, Tav, Paddy, Britt, Fletcher - The rest I wouldn't mind selling, if we got any replacements in needed areas!

Just now, SmogDane said:

Unpopular opinion... IF Stoke (or others) want to pay a decent fee for Randz, we should absolutely sell. 
One of the reasons for him to shine like last season was us sitting back and let the opponents attack us.. If it's going to be us attacking and playing it out from the back, he is not my first choice in this league... 

But I would for sure keep, Wing, Tav, Paddy, Britt, Fletcher - The rest I wouldn't mind selling, if we got any replacements in needed areas!

If someone is willing to pay a lot of money for him then I think we'll sell.  I don't think it's such an unpopular opinion mate as people are realistic enough to know that if the money is right then any player will be gone.  That's just how it is.

Just now, Changing Times said:

If someone is willing to pay a lot of money for him then I think we'll sell.  I don't think it's such an unpopular opinion mate as people are realistic enough to know that if the money is right then any player will be gone.  That's just how it is.

True

I also think, that for a goalie to be the best man on the pitch, the outfield players and tactics especially have gifted the opponents too much possesion in our last third...

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Just for fun - Would you guys rather have Valdes or Randz as our keeper? ?

A decent championship goalie or a retired goalie who hasn't played in 2 years and is now managing a nothing youth team? 

Not a tough call.