Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

its so difficult getting your head round  where we exactly stand  with regards to our financial situation,  what we are attempting to re-align in our approach style wise and  have we actually changed anything  other than a manager .  i know were going by  rumours  incoming wise but  it doesnt  correspond with the  supposed intentions  when the likes of Adomah , are mentioned and Mejijas,isnt exactly moving forward in a new direction either.  the same old malfunctioning scouting dept are still in place , were still forking out for Kenyon and Bevintons expertise , the gazette still reports what it seems to be told what can be reported and as it stands with 24 days till kick off  were stuck with a lopsided squad  even more highlighted by the fact that the players we paid for on loan last season  that are no longer available to choose dont  even affect our problems setting up a balanced side as they were either imcompetent or played in a position  we were well covered for  . 

im not gonna be on Woodgates back if things go south  and respect to him (or at least if it was his decision) to let his best mate leave , and he talks a good talk  with his aspirations .  whether he can walk the walk remains to be seen  but  it seems more and more likely that there will be no more than 2 signings and 2 loans in  come the window closing .    this season may require a fair deal of patience from the fans  .  that might be tested if we sell two or three  fans favourites  before a ball is kicked ...fingers crossed on that one .

good luck to JW and the team for the coming campaign  i hope you prove the doubters wrong   and i include myself in those  but  as i aluded to earlier its not so much anti woodgate ,more that i  fear the whole situation is still operated by a puppet master.

3 minutes ago, Essuuaitch said:

its so difficult getting your head round  where we exactly stand  with regards to our financial situation,  what we are attempting to re-align in our approach style wise and  have we actually changed anything  other than a manager .  i know were going by  rumours  incoming wise but  it doesnt  correspond with the  supposed intentions  when the likes of Adomah , are mentioned and Mejijas,isnt exactly moving forward in a new direction either.  the same old malfunctioning scouting dept are still in place , were still forking out for Kenyon and Bevintons expertise , the gazette still reports what it seems to be told what can be reported and as it stands with 24 days till kick off  were stuck with a lopsided squad  even more highlighted by the fact that the players we paid for on loan last season  that are no longer available to choose dont  even affect our problems setting up a balanced side as they were either imcompetent or played in a position  we were well covered for  . 

im not gonna be on Woodgates back if things go south  and respect to him (or at least if it was his decision) to let his best mate leave , and he talks a good talk  with his aspirations .  whether he can walk the walk remains to be seen  but  it seems more and more likely that there will be no more than 2 signings and 2 loans in  come the window closing .    this season may require a fair deal of patience from the fans  .  that might be tested if we sell two or three  fans favourites  before a ball is kicked ...fingers crossed on that one .

good luck to JW and the team for the coming campaign  i hope you prove the doubters wrong   and i include myself in those  but  as i aluded to earlier its not so much anti woodgate ,more that i  fear the whole situation is still operated by a puppet master.

The way I look at it mate is as follows: 

We have a wage bill that's much higher than we want/need it to be.  Everything we do will be with that in mind until it's down to a more acceptable level.  There are players we'd love to get rid of and we will be working hard to try and get that done.  I do believe there is some intent to adopt a new approach to things even if it's just for financial reasons but I'm not sure how radical of a change there will be when it comes down to it.  I don't think there's a lack of ambition but perhaps more of a realistic view of how we might go about achieving things.  I have misgivings about people working at the club but they would appear to be here to stay no matter what.  The squad is what it is and they'd obviously like to change things but they can't just keep adding players without getting rid of some.

• Like 1

Where’s the £10-15k a week figure come from?

last summer adomah was rumoured to be asking for £40k a week off us. That’s a big drop in he’s demands considering he’s now a free agent too.

Alex Pattison's joined Wycombe on a 1 year deal after we let his contract run down really happy he's stayed in the Football League hope he has a proper career for himself now glad someone took a chance.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, ABH said:

Where’s the £10-15k a week figure come from?

last summer adomah was rumoured to be asking for £40k a week off us. That’s a big drop in he’s demands considering he’s now a free agent too.

Surely his wage demands would drop with him currently having nobody paying him? Last year, he could stay at Villa and still earn a good living. Now he's earning nothing. From football, anyway. The only thing that would be in his favour is having more potential suitors to bounce wage demands off but if nobody's willing to pay them, he's not gonna keep saying no unless he wants to retire.

Thank god for Forest.  A 31 year old winger with a contract running way past his prime, who's just had his least productive season, who happened to play for us previously.  

I suppose at least it wouldn't be £7m quid or whatever, but it has Downing 2.0 written all over it.

• Like 1

I’d take Adomah on a free. And I think the club would too. I’d even give him the 3 years at 15k-20k if that’s what it was. What other experienced player (in a position we desperately need someone) would you get for under 2.5-3million over 3years? He’s easily still got 60 min in him with a younger player (who’ll be on pennies) as back up. 

My my guess is the problem is all the agent fees, signing on fee, bonus etc that are the issue...

relegation battle for boro if we fail to get players in anyone that thinks barnsley and luton will be down there they wont  be they have made more signings than boro have done in the past 2 seasons 

4 minutes ago, king boro said:

relegation battle for boro if we fail to get players in anyone that thinks barnsley and luton will be down there they wont  be they have made more signings than boro have done in the past 2 seasons 

Signings doesn't = success.

• Like 2