oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

5 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

Sorry I should have been more clear, it should have read "without judgement of my peers not including my evil overlord.

There is only two types of people in a relationship; the one that is always right, the other is the Husband/Boyfriend.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

as it stands given all the speculation surrounding our financial/spending restraints , its making for depressing reading  .

ideally we need rid of  deadwood and  players that dont look to have any  signs of  being fit for purpose  so (imo)  being  clinical  id say ,  Shotton, Friend, Flint, Johnson, Gestede and  maybe to many a couple of unpopular ones in Braithwaite and McNair .   Personally id love us to hold onto all the rest but  it seems  the players we have that are more likely to be  snapped up are essential to us at present .......Randolph, Fry, Tavernier and Britt  who for me along with  Wing  should be the spine of the side   throwing in one or two youngsters along the way  to  hopefully make the grade. 

we are in need of  rebuilding in a couple of areas    like  full backs  and  attacking supply  be it AM,s or wingers  before anyone leaves  and  should the worst happen and Randolph is allowed to leave we will need to add another keeper to that  list  , in fact due to past  stupidity in the market  even forgetting the fees  ,the one area we  are well covered is  midfielders  with low assist  records  and similar preferred workspace ,yet we still  get linked with more of the same . 

maybe we will bring in one or two loans and  one or two low cost signings  which  will be  a help but only if  they are for areas as stated above ,  they dont have to be big names or big fees  just fit for purpose. 

and yes i would keep Clayton above Mc Nair .....just down to personal preference . 

2 hours ago, "KM" said:

Yes let's not kid ourselves anymore. We are going to be in the Championship for quite a while now. Don't see us anywhere near the top 6 next season. 

Totally agree - If we end up around 60 points next season with something like W15 , D15 and L16  I think that will be a decent start. Anything better than that with the current squad (or worse if Britt / Braithwaite go) would be a very good season for Woody

27 minutes ago, Boro 86 said:

Totally agree - If we end up around 60 points next season with something like W15 , D15 and L16  I think that will be a decent start. Anything better than that with the current squad (or worse if Britt / Braithwaite go) would be a very good season for Woody

So worse than Pulis managed playing dire football?  And that would be very good? 

4 hours ago, Dan1234 said:

Did anyone notice how shocking Flint was with the ball vs Gateshead? To be honest he'd be the one I'd be trying to get rid of asap.

Just don't see how he fits into a ball playing team without making 4 or 5 serious mistakes per game.

Flint played his best football in an attacking bristol city side in 17/18, he is more than capable in this league

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Hobo said:

So worse than Pulis managed playing dire football?  And that would be very good? 

Why do you think the football being better to watch would coincide with a better points total? Just curious.

1 hour ago, Hobo said:

Absolutely.

We have to accept that to move forward we will probably have to take a step back first. If the football is better I for one will accept a season or two in the Championship 

1 hour ago, Hobo said:

It depends who we end up with, I think a lot of fans are expecting Randolph, Britt and the likes to be gone, Randolph alone was worth ten places, Britt managed about 16 goals from the bench and the odd rare start, so their absence will make a big difference.

Also we won"t be defending a 0-1 deficit to keep goal our difference down either and all the other crap he used to pull. 

I know I'd rather see progression, team spirit and a desire to attack and finish mid table with hope than another season of that dross, finishing 7th with no hope. 

14 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

Was it Smoggydownsouth who said there was likely to be a signing this week. I wonder what happened and if there is any update!

He said it was meant to be AA

12 minutes ago, Brunners said:

He said it was meant to be AA

Thanks for that. It would be so nice to just see a signing that wasn't an ex player. I am becoming resigned though to not actually getting the positions filled that we need,  but i still wouldn't be happy with just any player coming in.

2 hours ago, Foogle said:

Why do you think the football being better to watch would coincide with a better points total? Just curious.

I don't. 

But suggesting we sacked a manager to hire a new one and yet expect him to do worse with the same resources is odd.  Surely we hired a manager in the expectation that he would achieve the bare minimum the squad is capable of -  which, given the dire football last season, would be 7th for me.

Particularly as it was Pulis' negative tactics that cost us repeatedly (taking off strikers then losing/drawing games).

1 hour ago, Randy Sandwich said:

It depends who we end up with, I think a lot of fans are expecting Randolph, Britt and the likes to be gone, Randolph alone was worth ten places, Britt managed about 16 goals from the bench and the odd rare start, so their absence will make a big difference.

Also we won"t be defending a 0-1 deficit to keep goal our difference down either and all the other crap he used to pull. 

I know I'd rather see progression, team spirit and a desire to attack and finish mid table with hope than another season of that dross, finishing 7th with no hope. 

Obviously it depends on the squad.  But I was responding to the suggestion that anything more than 60 points with the current squad would be "very good".  

1 hour ago, Hobo said:

Obviously it depends on the squad.  But I was responding to the suggestion that anything more than 60 points with the current squad would be "very good".  

I suppose the argument might be that we're also trying to completely change our style of play and I'm not sure if you can do that in the space of a few weeks and pre-season games.  It's likely to be a pretty fundamental shift so you'd expect some teething problems along the way and that's before you consider the possible changes to the squad as you say.

• Like 2

Chelsea are sending 8 players out on loan including Lewis Baker, Izzy Brown, Lucaz Piazon, Trever Chalobah. 

Brown had a good loan at Hudds season they went up but suffered badly from injuries since. Piazon seems to be on loan a lot but did well for Fulham year they came up.

Would you take any? Although i feel from this league, Derby will get first pick from Chelsea loans.