oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

1 hour ago, HoyteForLeftBack said:

Is that the gazette already writing this season off then, already looking at next year ?

From the Gazette 

"Some big earners leaving next summer will free up space on the teamsheet and in the wage bill for Academy graduates or young, hungry players may chime with the new strategic planning to make the club sustainable" 

It's virtually copy and pasting articles from the Southgate era. 

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Come this time next season I predict 90% of the first team squad as it stands today won't be in a boro shirt

That in itself doesn't bother me, just hope we can replace them with better players eventually. 

5 minutes ago, Duvel said:

That in itself doesn't bother me, just hope we can replace them with better players eventually. 

I think the shift in club philosophy is that academy players need to be given a chance to play first team football... the whole remit of the academy was / is to find enough quality players that when we sell they ultimately help self sustain the club... that however in my opinion is a dream that very rarely becomes reality

2 hours ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Not a lot to spill mate. Thoughts are that it will get a lot worse before it gets better. Not info just personal opinion.

Damn, I hoped you had something positive but .....

6 hours ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

I think the shift in club philosophy is that academy players need to be given a chance to play first team football... the whole remit of the academy was / is to find enough quality players that when we sell they ultimately help self sustain the club... that however in my opinion is a dream that very rarely becomes reality

Yeah the reality is we'd probably end up being like Crewe used to be, a lower league feeder club. 

Gibson might be happy with that though if we were full of local lads. 

Edited by Duvel
  • Like 2

Got the feeling that if MB goes it won't be until after our window closes. Then it will be a cheap loan or a very cheap buy option. Every one buying seems to accept we're skint every one selling thinks we still have money hidden under the sofa.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

Got the feeling that if MB goes it won't be until after our window closes. Then it will be a cheap loan or a very cheap buy option. Every one buying seems to accept we're skint every one selling thinks we still have money hidden under the sofa.

I believe the window for permanent and loan signings in this country closes at same time this year, estonpidge.

Rest of Europes transfer window is 31st August though i think. Thus if MB goes after our window closes we can't replace him even with a loan until Jan (unless we sign a free agent).

I think burnley are after a danish talent at right back. Joachim Mähle. Will be a good signing. But might make it easiest to strike a deal for Fry; cash plus Lowton. 

17 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I believe the window for permanent and loan signings in this country closes at same time this year, estonpidge.

Rest of Europes transfer window is 31st August though i think. Thus if MB goes after our window closes we can't replace him even with a loan until Jan (unless we sign a free agent).

I meant he will leave as, not we'll replace him with

3 hours ago, BamfordsLeftBoot said:

On the topic of Braithwaite... has anyone watched the training video uploaded today, know its only small clips but he looks a couple of levels above anyone else. If only we could facilitate keeping him somehow, as he really has the talent when playing in a good footballing side. 

He's probably happier to be back now that Hugill and Pulis have gone. Maybe he's waiting until we play Wigan so he can get his revenge on Hugill, haha.