oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

Steve Gibson will be signing off on the deal (financially) not the player. 

The recruitment team (scouts, analysts etc) will identify players and present them to Woodgate and the coaching staff who will give their opinion. 

Bauser/Bevington will negotiate for the players we choose to go ahead with providing that Gibson agreed with the finances etc. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Agree with both of these comments.

We've identified some good targets over the last few years, but we just can’t seem to close a good deal, and it can’t be just that we’re not offering enough money as it’s been shown that we’ve given some ridiculous deals out to players that have come through the door.

Again, Bausor and Gibson should have been doing better at this over the last few years, and now they seem to be compensating for their previous ineptitude by now going the complete opposite and not matching any demands by the sounds of it, even if reasonable or not.

Of course we've missed out on good players over the last few years, I remember us being close to signing players like Meunier and Ziyech a few years ago but aren't those the obvious players to identify? 

It's easy to spot the best players in every league if you watch enough football. The real skill as a scout is finding the players that no one else is looking at. 

The other more worrying factor is who is identifying players like Fletcher and Gestede?

3 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

The recruitment team (scouts, analysts etc) will identify players and present them to Woodgate and the coaching staff who will give their opinion. 

Bauser/Bevington will negotiate for the players we choose to go ahead with providing that Gibson agreed with the finances etc. 

That sounds a lot like what was already happening.

6 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

So who determines the value of a potential new player? Say we identify the next Ashley Fletcher who at the club decides whether we should pay 7 million pounds for him?

Is it the same person or team that agreed to pay 7m for the original Ashley Fletcher? 

Maybe all our problems are gone now Monk and Pulis have moved on. 

20 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Of course we've missed out on good players over the last few years, I remember us being close to signing players like Meunier and Ziyech a few years ago but aren't those the obvious players to identify? 

It's easy to spot the best players in every league if you watch enough football. The real skill as a scout is finding the players that no one else is looking at. 

The other more worrying factor is who is identifying players like Fletcher and Gestede?

In hindsight they may have been obvious signings but I think Ziyech at least was somewhat more unknown at the time.

Has anyone accused Gibson of not putting money in though? In fact most of the criticism has been about us wasting huge amounts and The club being poorly run.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, HoyteForLeftBack said:

Bit of ITK knowledge to drop on y’all; I think that SteveM25 is my mam’s mates husband.

To be honest I could pop my laptop on now and knock some graphs up in excel that look exactly like them in around 20 mins.  So it's probs poo poo

29 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Has anyone accused Gibson of not putting money in though? In fact most of the criticism has been about us wasting huge amounts and The club being poorly run.

Most the criticism, maybe. But he definitely gets some morons saying all he does is take the money out and that he only wants us back in the Prem so he can pocket the Prem money or sell us off and make himself richer. They'll also probably still sing 'Stevie Gibson is king' at the match despite thinking he's a parasite.

From the little bit I listened to on the radio Woodgate did say SG had the final say on transfers. He also said the committee would still be taking into consideration any players put forward by the recruitment team. So I don’t think much is going to improve on the transfer front. 

58 minutes ago, Brunners said:

In hindsight they may have been obvious signings but I think Ziyech at least was somewhat more unknown at the time.

Ziyech may have been unknown by Boro fans but he was one of the best players in Holland at the time. If I remember correctly he'd just scored a boatload of goals for Twente and Ajax were interested in him. 

He wasn't a gem that we'd found from nowhere, that's my point I'm sure any of us could have identified him if we'd been watching Dutch football every weekend. 

4 minutes ago, king boro said:

Lets get a new owner in ellis short could probaly do alot better than steve gibson its easy because hes a billionaire steve gibson is not 

you're not getting enough bites lately on your trolls so you're getting more out there with your trolling, come on pal, don't you have something better to do?

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, "KM" said:

From the little bit I listened to on the radio Woodgate did say SG had the final say on transfers. He also said the committee would still be taking into consideration any players put forward by the recruitment team. So I don’t think much is going to improve on the transfer front. 

I mean, at least Pulis won't be banging on at Gibson about their attitude and wanting to come play for us because of who we are. Unless, given what Gibson said on his departure, Gibson has taken that really to heart.

Like, don't get me wrong, we should want players who want to play for us. But if we're in a loan market like Derby were last season, you're not going to get many players who dream of playing for us. You're looking for hungry players desperate to prove themselves to their parent clubs because they want to play for them, not us.