oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

5 million in, toxic attitude out and 50k off the wage bill.. it’s a no brainer.

Don’t really like Woody setting himself up to fail tho.. Defending MB and saying he wants to stay.. why do it? And why is the press officer letting those quotes go out? It’s so amateur.

Edited by mendieta420
  • Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Don’t really like Woody setting himself up to fail tho.. Defending MB and saying he wants to stay.. why do it? And why is the press officer letting those quotes go out? It’s so amateur.

If the manager talks about bad attitude and getting rid, then that destroys any bargaining position and lowers any potential fee further. It's amateur to do that, not to talk up a player. Additionally if we can't offload and needed him to be available for the team then best to have him onside in that eventuality. Remember the euro transfer window is open much longer than the championship one, so we could have potentially had him on the books for the first few weeks of the season and still be paying him during that time.

• Like 4

Some very well made and observant comments being discussed regarding our past transfer dealings, just a pity that those involved are still at the helm of what we all want Boro to attempt to achieve.

More loss making departures before we can consider incomings which will possibly leave us with a lightweight squad.

Clearly survival is this seasons agenda despite King Boro's attempt and suggestion to sort everything out.

4 hours ago, mendieta420 said:

Because he’s protecting an asset.

I couldn’t believe what Pulis used to say about him. 

You don’t put your house up for sale and put out an advert slating it and highlighting all the bad points and issues. 

• Like 6

@Lurker Do we expect Martin to be gone today? It would obviously be sooner the better.

Probably for the best. I don't really see where he fits in with a one up top + wingers set up even though he's arguably our best player. Likely not arsed about being here either, time to cut ties.

The big worry for me this season is not particularly the first team, but the sheer lack of depth on our team. Even if we bring In 2 attackers/ wingers we have very little depth. Right now we are relying on no players getting injured or else we will have to use youth players

10 hours ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

RAF and Lurker might be able to confirm but am also told if he goes we have 2 lined up but I have no names...yet

I am absolutely dying for the news that he has gone and it will be positive utopia if we then have two lined up to come in. I dare not even start to believe it!

Has Woodgate ever been asked about using the foreign market with regards to transfers? 

Again it seems like we are limiting ourselves to prem loans or lower leagues.

4 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:I am absolutely dying for the news that he has gone and it will be positive utopia if we then have two lined up to come in. I dare not even start to believe it!

Until we realise that the two lined up, are as kingboro eloquently says ‘plodders’

• Like 1
1 minute ago, estonpidge said:

I think 1 will be perm and 1 loan. Just my guess but can't believe we'd have 2 sat there waiting on perms for MB to leave the building.

As long as one is a right winger and one a right back, i don't care. Oh and obviously good enough to actually be a member of the 1st eleven?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

As long as one is a right winger and one a right back, i don't care. Oh and obviously good enough to actually be a member of the 1st eleven?

I think we need 2 wingers first