oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

Reckon Tav will be used as a Number 10 when we switch formations for certain games / mid games, as well as being competition/cover for both flanks. 

If Tav.can.add a bit of discipline to his game - decision making and tracking wise - he's a starter for me. LW, RW or AM/10. Still quite raw at the minute though. 

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Tav is not a wide player, never in a million years, not tricky enough or quick/powerful enough with the ball at his feet.

Alright, Gary Gill. ?????

Might get shot down, but I really don’t get or see the hype around Tav. Every time I see him play he doesn’t really do much. Whether that was our style of play I don’t know.

he doesn’t have raw pace or particularly good dribbling so as mentioned he’s not really a winger. 

Hopefully he proves me wrong and has a good season.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Might get shot down, but I really don’t get or see the hype around Tav. Every time I see him play he doesn’t really do much. Whether that was our style of play I don’t know.

he doesn’t have raw pace or particularly good dribbling so as mentioned he’s not really a winger. 

Hopefully he proves me wrong and has a good season.

I sort of agree with you. I think he needs to be playing regularly to establish what his position is. Probably on loan tbh. That said, for the minutes he was on the pitch he scored a few so there is something about him.

18 minutes ago, mj south said:

Genuine question here, can Wing play as the holding midfield?

I seem to recall he played that position in one of the friendlies but dont know how he got on

He could potentially but imo it would be horribly misusing our best midfielder.

8 hours ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

McNair has been decent in preseason tbf just feel sentimental towards our tav like 

feel like Clayton suits that anchor role better than howson, better passer of the ball as well with them clipped over the top balls he’s capable of, think we’ll see a much better Clayton under Woody than Tony Clueless 

LBP I really hope so mate I really do!

I want to be the champion of the Adam Clayton appreciation society this season and to recognise just what every other member of the forum see's in him:classic_love:

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Pork Slops said:

Out of all the links so far I really hope this Anfernee Dijksteel transfer comes to fruition, he reminds me of a young Micah Richard's from bits I've seen last season and youtube comps.

? comparing someone to Micah Richards, poor Anfernee.

9 minutes ago, AstoriaBoro said:

? comparing someone to Micah Richards, poor Anfernee.

Haha Micah Richards tbf looked a hell of a player in his younger days. Had everything you wanted in a full back. Built like an Ox, strong in the tackle and was very quick.

• Like 1