oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

I made this point on Twitter too, but I reckon which ever of McNair and Saville doesn't start tonight will be moved on next week. If we get a right-back, Howson moves back into midfield, and one of those two drops even further down the pecking order.

My gut feeling is that it's McNair, as I think he's more in-demand, and we'd get more of our money back on him.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Tom said:

I made this point on Twitter too, but I reckon which ever of McNair and Saville doesn't start tonight will be moved on next week. If we get a right-back, Howson moves back into midfield, and one of those two drops even further down the pecking order.

My gut feeling is that it's McNair, as I think he's more in-demand, and we'd get more of our money back on him.

yead, def got at least one midfielder spare, and we're obviously keen to switch a striking option (preferably Gestede)

27 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

We are pushing to sign Ryan Kent... 4Mil but with promotion related addons. Dijksteel is still on as far as boro are concerned.

Is the ‘incoming’ you mentioned earlier separate to these two names? 

1 minute ago, Mr_Maz said:

yead, def got at least one midfielder spare, and we're obviously keen to switch a striking option (preferably Gestede)

or even better get both out and Eze in? I know he often plays a little more advanced as a number 10 but in a 3 man CM would have plenty of scope to get forward

1 minute ago, BoroMart said:

or even better get both out and Eze in? I know he often plays a little more advanced as a number 10 but in a 3 man CM would have plenty of scope to get forward

would be happy with that, also got Tav in that position

On a serious note, I find it frustrating that the club seem to have let Woodgate down a bit. 

They told him we would have someone in the door within 48 hours at the meet and greet, he then tells the fans in a honest manner and yet we still have nothing official. 

Just now, smudgemfc89 said:

On a serious note, I find it frustrating that the club seem to have let Woodgate down a bit. 

They told him we would have someone in the door within 48 hours at the meet and greet, he then tells the fans in a honest manner and yet we still have nothing official. 

Maybe he was lying in an honest manner? 

1 minute ago, smudgemfc89 said:

I imagine the club thought Dijksteel would be done by now

• Like 1
1 minute ago, smudgemfc89 said:

The statement could have been true at the time, to the best of their belief.  Things change.  Assuming it was Dijksteel, with agreed terms, etc, it may have only slipped when Bristol came in.

Didn't one of the ITK'ers say we had been rejecting decent offers for Mcnair over the summer? 

I'd far rather keep him over Saville. Still not sure what he is supposed to bring. 

5 minutes ago, smudgemfc89 said:

Agree with this which is what was making me think whoever it was is still in progress. If we had missed out/moved on I think Woodgate would have said yesterday that things have changed, but he didn't make any comment to it just that he is confident more will follow. 

2 minutes ago, Donnyboro said:

Need to move quick on Kent! Leeds will be in once roofe goes ?

Don’t think Leeds will, their number one target was apparently Costa. Need a striker with the money they’re recouping. It’s whether rangers will stump up 7 million (fees, add ons, clauses etc) for him. 

18/1 on Sky Bet for those who fancy a punt...

24 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

Saville, McNair, Howson, Clayton, Wing, Tavernier and Malley fighting it out for 3 spots. We can definitely afford to lose a midfielder without needing to replace them. 

5 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Didn't one of the ITK'ers say we had been rejecting decent offers for Mcnair over the summer? 

I'd far rather keep him over Saville. Still not sure what he is supposed to bring. 

Agreed, we need to cut our losses on Saville ASAP he offers nothing. At least you notice McNair is on the pitch. Would rather Tav plays ahead of them both 

• Sad 1