oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Teams up the prices as the deadline looms. Not a great deal we can do when we have a strict transfer policy.

Don't think this should shock anyone. We've probably done the same with Fry and Britt. Would we rather lose one or both of those to fund moves for players we'd probably have to overspend on? Keeping Fry and Britt is about as good a deadline day we could have hoped for if we can continue to keep that being the case for the next few hours.

• Like 2
  • Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

1 minute ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

His performance is really getting bigged up against Luton I reckon, a couple of decent deliveries and a great effort on goal but surely that's like bang average especially vs a newly promoted team

He had a good run down the right, a few nice crosses and a few nice touches/pieces of skill.  He had a decent game.  However our attacking play wasn't actually that good against Luton.  We scored three goals so it makes it look better than it was but a lot of it was down to our pressing rather than good attacking player.  Nothing wrong with that as long as it keeps working otherwise we're going to need to be able to play a bit better with the ball.

• Like 1

His performance is really getting bigged up against Luton I reckon, a couple of decent deliveries and a great effort on goal but surely that's like bang average especially vs a newly promoted team

Truth! I agree he had the best deliveries into the box, but he had no right foot and every opposition could see it. He also didn't defend at all against Cranie.

a player with decent delivery is what weve been missing for the last 2 seasons haha,  Ill admit it was one game, but he looked up for it and seems like he has something to prove. 

may surprise a few people this season.

20 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Yeah, 7 years ago. He’s s*** now, absolutely awful. People were actually laughing at him last year, when he did something wrong. He’s been a great servant for us and a great player, but he surely can’t be near our team anymore. The term ‘legs have gone’, could never have been better used.

Talking nonsense, he looked like his legs have gone the past 2 years because hes not a dynamic fullback anymore. Hes not going to be rampaging up to the other box then sprinting back 10 times a game. He will be fine.

• Like 1
Just now, caseybwoy said:

Talking nonsense, he looked like his legs have gone the past 2 years because hes not a dynamic fullback anymore. Hes not going to be rampaging up to the other box then sprinting back 10 times a game. He will be fine.

Ok, we will soon see ?

Window hasn't been bad at all. 

Got in 2 fullbacks and a winger. I agree we could've done with more but we've kept our most important players and hopefully got the wage bill down to a sustainable amount. 

Got good money for the players we sold. 

Plenty of big earners out

Willing to give youth a chance. 

We knew the craic with finances early doors and I think we've come out of it alright. 

Better than throwing money at daft loans and wages. 

• Like 16

Think I will sign off for a few hours as the "We are doomed" brigade are all out in full force

All fail to realise that we are clearly cutting costs / players have to want to come here / we are better placed now than in June (we actually have a right back on the books!)

• Like 2

On the Friend debate, I don't remember seeing him have many good games for us at centre-back. I remember playing 5 at the back against Birmingham and him getting beat to every ball in the air.

Don't get me wrong mind, happy for him to be here and think he should be in and around the team too. Excellent professional, great role model for the kids who are inevitably going to be in and around the squad this season, if nowhere else then in training.

3 minutes ago, tmcc said:

a player with decent delivery is what weve been missing for the last 2 seasons haha,  Ill admit it was one game, but he looked up for it and seems like he has something to prove. 

Nah we had a player that cuts back on his left and puts the ball in every time in Downing, what we missed was pace and someone who runs at defenders, gets them on the back foot etc

He had an okay-decent game but he'll be bang average for the majority of the season trust me on that 

2 minutes ago, tmcc said:

Britt's not good enough but you're advocating for Johnson, jesus christ

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Don't think this should shock anyone. We've probably done the same with Fry and Britt. Would we rather lose one or both of those to fund moves for players we'd probably have to overspend on? Keeping Fry and Britt is about as good a deadline day we could have hoped for if we can continue to keep that being the case for the next few hours.

Good bit of perspective, Wilson. I'd rather we kept Britt and Fry than sign another forward. Still feel a bit frustrated that we apparently haven't been able to sign another forward though.

9 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

I keep thinking of this story and whether it's true or not.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-rio-played-major-part-in-middlesbrough-signing

If we only went for Browne because of a late phone call from Rio then we'd have 0 attacking players in?

It's teamtalk so it's possibly BS but jfc if that's how our recruitments happening.

He was on Woodgate's list of transfer targets from his interview apparently so don't think there's anything in that story.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Window hasn't been bad at all. 

Got in 2 fullbacks and a winger. I agree we could've done with more but we've kept our most important players and hopefully got the wage bill down to a sustainable amount. 

Got good money for the players we sold. 

Plenty of big earners out

Willing to give youth a chance. 

We knew the craic with finances early doors and I think we've come out of it alright. 

Better than throwing money at daft loans and wages. 

Yep agreed. If it stays as it is I think it's still been a solid window. One forward and centre back away from being a really good window imo.