Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

Just now, Downsouth said:

The one aspect that has upset me a little is that my 6 yr old grandson Teddy will be going to the Brentford game on Saturday and his favourite player is Ryan Shotton, the news will be broken to him later on today that the player he realy wanted to see is no longer a Boro player.

Damn it MFC how could you do this to a little boy cruel heartless people you! 

How did that happen? Ryan Shotton? Really??

Just now, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

He played well in pre season and against Luton or is that not enough because you've decided to write him off?

I can't remember him doing well in preseason, he was bang average. No i'm writing him off because hes 28 and been gash at Championship level for the last 3 seasons. 

If you want to think hes our new savior because of 1 ok performance against a newly promoted side then be my guest.

• Like 1
Just now, LinoJo3 said:

Yeah damn them fans who hoped our glaring issues in the front 3 might get some attention after 4 years. What a shocking bunch we are...

But we HAVE given it some attention, we signed Marcus Browne. Yes ideally we could probably do with one more, but when you don't have much money to spend, you're limited in the movements you can make. Next summer once most of the high earners (read: Gestede) are gone, we might have more freedom to make further changes.

• Like 3

Hello oneboro,

I feel like some people have been spoilt over the past couple of seasons and are expecting much of the same again. We all know what the situation with the club and it's finances were before woody started and we know nothing has changed. 

We've needed full backs for for a few seasons and while we do need wingers we just haven't been able to get them without breaking our transfer policy. That's just the state the club is in right now. 

This is a longer term project so we need to be patient and take it as it comes.

• Like 10

This is looking more and more like a consolidation year. We all want promotion, but we have to accept this may not be the year. It will be good to see some of the youngsters getting game time and experience, which in turn may bode well for us in the future, be it with becoming regular first teamers or receiving good transfer fees.

Like anyone, i'd like to see some players coming in still. If need be Keane and Woodgate will have to dust off their boots :) 

• Like 3
Just now, Rock strongo said:

Hello oneboro,

I feel like some people have been spoilt over the past couple of seasons and are expecting much of the same again. We all know what the situation with the club and it's finances were before woody started and we know nothing has changed. 

We've needed full backs for for a few seasons and while we do need wingers we just haven't been able to get them without breaking our transfer policy. That's just the state the club is in right now. 

This is a longer term project so we need to be patient and take it as it comes.

welcome, nice first post.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

All good points. However, it's just just the teams in the top half that utilize the loan market in this league. Pretty mcuh every team uses it. 

On the flipside of there being no resale value, a loan is a short term commitment. We know exaclty how mcuh it will cost and it wont be any higher. And if it doesnt work out then we dont have the wages on the books after the end of the season, whereas if a permanent transfer doesnt work out we could be looking to shift them for years after. 

That's never happened to us before though. Has it? ?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

I can't remember him doing well in preseason, he was bang average. No i'm writing him off because hes 28 and been gash at Championship level for the last 3 seasons. 

If you want to think hes our new savior because of 1 ok performance against a newly promoted side then be my guest.

He's only been at the club for 2 seasons for a start and played 17 games for us but if that's enough to write him off then sound

On 8/7/2019 at 3:07 PM, Naisby said:

I’m trying hard to remember who was the first foreign player from abroad I remember us buying and I’m not sure as when I try to think Jan Fjortofft springs into my head doing the airplane and I know we bought him from Swindon Town.

if I had to guess for me it was Juninho but probably wrong,

i started watching boro in 1984 so that’s my starting point, but cannot think of anyone from abroad pre Robson tho.

How long ago was Aphonzo Alves?

I must be going crazy but that Gazette article talking about the second coming of Marvin Johnson has gone to people's heads and now we're rewriting history, he was below average in preseason and had a decent first half vs Luton

He shouldn't be starting for a team that's banged on about pace, creativity and excitement all summer long

Downing and Van La Parra are better players...please hold me to this when he goes missing vs Brentford and is then below average for the next few months 

Right. About to go do a matinee. When the show comes down, the window will be shut...

Can everyone stop panicking so I don't have to read through 30 pages of inane bullshit to see if we've signed anyone? Cheers! ?

• Like 1
Just now, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

He's only been at the club for 2 seasons for a start and played 17 games for us but if that's enough to write him off then sound

and he's been here during a time when Pulis absolutely refused to utilise any sort of actual wide players.

• Like 1