Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

what did you want, we're up the creak without a paddle and it's a fire sale......
he bluffed and we got ok money for the players we shipped out.

Not ethically sound but understandable in the circumstances.

All he had to say was that there wouldn't be a huge amount of cash to spend on incomings due to the parachute payments stopping and/or we'd have to sell some players first. Trust me when I say the club can't even afford to pay the 'little people' yet they have employed a LOT more to work there this season which I thought was a strange move.

1 hour ago, diggerlad07 said:

From what i know we were hoping to shift McNair (start of window), Saville, Shotton, Johnson(start of window) and Gestede to raise funds.

When that didn't happen we thought Liverpool may back down and offer him out to loan but they stood their ground and only wanted a permanent transfer.

From what i got told last night, Woodgate's hands are completely tied for the foreseeable and it all depends on outgoings on who we get in.

Thank you.

Well unless there a huge turnaround Shotton Johnson and Rudy will be gone in May.

Savings of 200k a week in wages is approx £10m a season. Add to that our net spend was -£6m means we making savings of £16m. So that should go some way to filling the hole left by lack or parachute payments.

If we are selling our assets then even more reason to tie them down to extensions with a fixed release clause fee if need be.

2 minutes ago, edinboro said:

Will we get any free transfers in do people think? Hutton for example? 

Doubt it. We already have Dijksteel and Shotton for RB and Howson has played there too. Would be overkill. All we need is a winger, and any free agent worth anything will probably go to a better club.

26 minutes ago, oldman said:

A lot of talk about us being skint but is this because Steve Gibson cannot put more money in because of the Fair Play Rules, or because he chooses not to? There is a world of difference. If it is the former, then a lot of fans are slagging the club and him off unfairly. I take the point that there is a lack of transparency in what the fans are being told, but the club is after all still a business which needs some aspects of privacy to operate successfully.

If Gibson wanted to put more money in, couldn't we have just stuck Bulkhaul of Rockilffe Hall on the back of the shorts or something and claim it was a £10m sponsorship deal? Guess they're all part of the same Gibson & O'Neil parent company but loads of other clubs are finding loopholes.

8 minutes ago, Ash said:

All he had to say was that there wouldn't be a huge amount of cash to spend on incomings due to the parachute payments stopping and/or we'd have to sell some players first. Trust me when I say the club can't even afford to pay the 'little people' yet they have employed a LOT more to work there this season which I thought was a strange move.

At the time of the press conference, many rumours were going round about our lack of finances and the need to cut wages, people were saying that we were doing things on the cheap.

When Gibson said that he would support the manager, did anyone really take this to mean he had much cash to spend on players?

I certainly didn’t, it made no sense, after all Pulis left because he was asked to take a pay cut and I have no reason to believe that Gibbo wanted him gone. It’s speculation, I know, but if we still had money and had offered Pulis the same deal, he would probably have stayed. 

I think Gibbo is trying to run the club differently now, he no longer wants to be a benefactor and to be honest, why should he? The aim must be for the club to be self sufficient, if that means cutting wages and selling players then that’s what must be done. 

We haven't improved our squad, by that’s not really surprising, given the circumstances. Personally I like the new philosophy that the club are trying to implement, hopefully we’ll see some decent games of football this year. 

1 hour ago, Duvel said:

How much longer will those players have left on their contracts? I'd guess Britt and Randolph will have 18 months left in January. 

If that's the case then I can see us trying to actively shift them out of the club rather than allow them to get into the final year of their contracts (especially if we are skint). 

It's a good point, I still think that if we're doing well in January though that we may just take the risk and keep them and take the hit on their fees in the summer if it all goes wrong. The best time for us to make judgements on how we should proceed with them is in January and I don't think we should get rid of them before we need to. But yes, I can see us actively trying to shift if we're not doing too well. God knows how much of an effect that's going to have on us if we're not doing well though. If we can't replace them it could be even worse. Could be pretty grim. Got to pray the football is exciting in that case. ?

At the end of the day Gibbo puts millions of pounds into keeping the Boro afloat. He may make some bad decisions but his heart is in the right place. I'd prefer somebody with the club at heart rather than someone pumping loads of money in to risk it all and running our club unsustainably or even worse coming in as an asset stripper. He's not the best Chairman in the world but he's even further from the worst.

• Like 3
29 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

At the time of the press conference, many rumours were going round about our lack of finances and the need to cut wages, people were saying that we were doing things on the cheap.

When Gibson said that he would support the manager, did anyone really take this to mean he had much cash to spend on players?

I certainly didn’t, it made no sense, after all Pulis left because he was asked to take a pay cut and I have no reason to believe that Gibbo wanted him gone. It’s speculation, I know, but if we still had money and had offered Pulis the same deal, he would probably have stayed. 

I think Gibbo is trying to run the club differently now, he no longer wants to be a benefactor and to be honest, why should he? The aim must be for the club to be self sufficient, if that means cutting wages and selling players then that’s what must be done. 

We haven't improved our squad, by that’s not really surprising, given the circumstances. Personally I like the new philosophy that the club are trying to implement, hopefully we’ll see some decent games of football this year. 

It was the denial he made when asked if we had no money (I can't remember the exact quote) that people weren't happy with. I'd say you're pretty spot on with everything you're saying here, though!

Sorry if this has been mentioned but did we ever find out who the attacking midfielder was that we wanted yesterday? Gazette and JW both seem to suggest it was someone specific. Was it Ryan Kent? 

People need to realise Gibson wealth is approximately £165 million yet many of our rival's have owners who are billionaires. So the many loop hole's people keep mentioning such as buying the Riverside etc is kinda unaffordable for Gibson to do.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, RiseAgainst said:

Just back from being down south all day, and catching up on what I haven't missed. Disappointed we haven't added any more wide players, given our historic lack of pace on the wings, but the best thing we've done all window is keep Randolph. He earned us a point against Luton, and his weekly worldies are priceless. Despite his abysmal penalty, Assombalonga is a player any team in the league would love to have, and I can't think of a better CB pairing than Fry and Ayala. 

The important players from last season are still here, and we have three pacy, exciting young prospects for fullback and wide positions. All these people saying "no way we'll make top 8" - look at the other 23 squads in this league, and you might reconsider.

And if we do finish 9th or lower, (a) we should at least be entertained along the way, (b) we're giving youth a chance rather than throwing tens of thousands of pounds a week at disinterested mercenaries, and (c) the Japanese knotweed known as Tony Pulis can no longer throttle the life out of attacking players, who might now be able to cross the halfway line without being dunked in boiling oil in the dressing room afterwards.

Not to be rude... But if Randz saved us a point... Then Britt lost us 2 points ?

I rate Both player high though ?

all in all im probably 60/40 on our business in the window but obviously that ratio is vastly swelled by the outgoings rather than incomings.  the downsides are that we didnt/couldnt move out the last remains of the deadwood,but hey-ho at the minimum they will help swell the squad until further notice ,in case of dramatic injury crises. 

if only we could have added just two more to the squad ,and imo they would have been one more central defender and a extra wide man or attacking midfielder  it would have been a very good  turn around . 

Celtic have just received £25m for Tierney. Their transfer window does not shut until September 2nd. If they come in with a £15m bid for Britt, who they were linked with last month, and we are skint, will we let him go?