oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

15 hours ago, Duvel said:

By football men I mean suitably qualified or experienced in scouting players. 

Neither have any background in identifying players yet they are apparently part of 'the committee'. 

I brought all this up when everyone was wetting themselves with excitement about this great new era that was beginning. Guess what, we've been poor in the transfer market again. 

Maybe step back a little and realise what our problems are because it certainly wasn't in spotting players, I actually think they did a good job in that regard. It's just a shame Gibson couldn't or more so wouldn't back them.

The three we have got in, we have done well to do so and at good prices. By all means the players we had set up to bring in would have improved us too but you can't blame Bevington or Bausor for the rug being pulled out on them

• Like 1
  • Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Boro Badger said:

Would anyone be kind enough to list the targets we didn't quite get over the line for one reason or another?
Would be really interested to see it.
Maybe we'll go back in for some in January.

As far as I know there was two on the final day and the way that went down, you can only assume more throughout.

Seems Boye was lined up, same with the lad on loan from Southampton but it's mixed reviews on whether he turned us down or Gibbo pulled it

2 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

As far as I know there was two on the final day and the way that went down, you can only assume more throughout.

Seems Boye was lined up, same with the lad on loan from Southampton but it's mixed reviews on whether he turned us down or Gibbo pulled it

Belgian lad that had a change of heart too.

The mystery PL loan target that fell through on deadline day is still a relative mystery the Gazette has since said Ibe, Wells and ElYounoussi were not under serious consideration and they were not the guy Woodgate thought he had Wednesday night but who opted against moving on deadline day.

2 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Is that after we pulled out on deals though?

They were the two shown around rockliffe iirc so we definitely were in for them. Think loan fees got too large.

1 hour ago, Brunners said:

They were the two shown around rockliffe iirc so we definitely were in for them. Think loan fees got too large.

Sorry, I thought your original point was on who we went in for but couldn't get. My apologies

Find it hard at this time to get over the feeling that it was absolutely shameful after such endeavor to get into the Premier League Karanka was not backed in that January transfer window, fast forward 6 months and we give Monk close to 50 million. 

We seem miles away from a team such as De Roon, Traore, Negredo, Ramirez, Valdes, Gibson and Stuani.

38 minutes ago, Ayresome7 said:

Find it hard at this time to get over the feeling that it was absolutely shameful after such endeavor to get into the Premier League Karanka was not backed in that January transfer window, fast forward 6 months and we give Monk close to 50 million. 

We seem miles away from a team such as De Roon, Traore, Negredo, Ramirez, Valdes, Gibson and Stuani.

It was pretty much downhill from there on. The financial mess we're in now really worries me. I have a lot of respect for Gibson but he has made some bad decisions in the past few years, should have backed Karanka and not thrown all the money Monk's way. Things could have turned out so differently.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Ash said:

It was pretty much downhill from there on. The financial mess we're in now really worries me. I have a lot of respect for Gibson but he has made some bad decisions in the past few years, should have backed Karanka and not thrown all the money Monk's way. Things could have turned out so differently.

Agreed, the more I think about it the more that Jan window looked like a "FU" to Karanka - what was Gibsons lie, I mean statement on promotion (just before season tickets went on sale)? "were not in it to survive - we're going to give it a right good go"? 

1 hour ago, Randy Sandwich said:

He's not the only one, I wonder if Ruudi can play centre half

Might be a very good idea as there tend to be zero goals at the end of the pitch he plays in.