Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

I’m sure I seen somewhere that Bolas was a 2 year contract.

Yeah I remember that because it seemed odd at the time, was it 2 with the option of a 3rd year?

3 hours ago, Randy Sandwich said:

Agreed, the more I think about it the more that Jan window looked like a "FU" to Karanka - what was Gibsons lie, I mean statement on promotion (just before season tickets went on sale)? "were not in it to survive - we're going to give it a right good go"? 

Aye, apparently Karanka wanted different targets but instead had Gestede and Bamford handed to him. That season baffles me completely, we got rid of 3 perfectly good strikers and replaced them with worse (barring Negredo)

• Like 1

I think the Gazette mentioned both contract lengths, but find it strange that there is no "official" confirmation. I know Arsenal would never reveal contract lengths under Wenger, but they would do it for every transfer. We seem to have done it for Bola and Browne, but not Meijas and Dijksteel.

16 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Not sure if there's truth to it, but a few FMTTM posters seem to think we're offering a deal to Callum Roberts, a 22 year old winger from South Shields who was released by Newcastle.

Apparently has played for our U23s this season twice already

Just on a side note, going back to the appointment of Woodgate, all the talk about the 'interview' process, the ex Fulham Manager etc., if we are as 'skint' as we seem to be was this actual fact or fiction?

Why would we even go down that route in the knowledge we couldn't deliver the transfer budget necessary? was it simply a PR exercise to appease the fans? 

Just now, Maccarone said:

Just on a side note, going back to the appointment of Woodgate, all the talk about the 'interview' process, the ex Fulham Manager etc., if we are as 'skint' as we seem to be was this actual fact or fiction?

Why would we even go down that route in the knowledge we couldn't deliver the transfer budget necessary? was it simply a PR exercise to appease the fans? 

It certainly looks that way. 

14 minutes ago, Maccarone said:

I think fiction because I believe Gibson wanted Pulis as his first choice.  Everything else has followed on from his failure to convince him to stay on.

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I think fiction because I believe Gibson wanted Pulis as his first choice.  Everything else has followed on from his failure to convince him to stay on.

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

that was my thought too CT . But  there again  i still doubt  things that  SG  supposedly says these days.