oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

1 minute ago, Hobo said:

A decent championship goalie or a retired goalie who hasn't played in 2 years and is now managing a nothing youth team? 

Not a tough call. 

I meant ofc Valdes in his PL season for us form

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

True

I also think, that for a goalie to be the best man on the pitch, the outfield players and tactics especially have gifted the opponents too much possesion in our last third...

Yeah.  I'd also say that he was easily the most consistent player we had through the season.  None of the outfield players were close in that regard - I mean who would we select as the most consistently good outfield players?  Howson maybe?  Fry despite being moved around a bit?  Who else?  Other players played well at certain times but probably not over a sustained period of time and one or two missed chunks of the season for no apparent reason like Wing and Assombalonga.

10 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Just for fun - Would you guys rather have Valdes or Randz as our keeper? ?

Randolph is in his prime. When Valdes played for us he was past his best.

Assuming you mean the Boro versions, I'd rather have Randolph. 

Just now, Changing Times said:

Yeah.  I'd also say that he was easily the most consistent player we had through the season.  None of the outfield players were close in that regard - I mean who would we select as the most consistently good outfield players?  Howson maybe?  Fry despite being moved around a bit?  Who else?  Other players played well at certain times but probably not over a sustained period of time and one or two missed chunks of the season for no apparent reason like Wing and Assombalonga.

I'd argue that Hugill was pretty consistent.

• Haha 3
3 minutes ago, Hobo said:

A decent championship goalie or a retired goalie who hasn't played in 2 years and is now managing a nothing youth team? 

Not a tough call. 

To be fair, hadn't he pretty much not played for a year or two before we signed him?  I'm sure he'd had hardly any football prior to joining us.

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

Also, Valdes buggered off before the season ended like a rat deserting a sinking ship - not that I've ever really understood why that's a bad thing as I'd like to think I'd be ahead of any rodents when it came to getting off a ship before it sinks.  I would hope to be able to figure the situation out a bit more quickly than them really when it comes down to it.  Not that I'd want to be on a ship with rats in the first place as that doesn't seem very hygienic and I'd have some serious questions of any ship I was planning on travelling on that was full of rats.  I don't mind rats as such but I don't want to set sail with them on whatever voyage I'm embarking on, that's just how I roll. ??    ??‍♂️   That's me on a ship waving at a rat sat on the dock who I left some cheese for to show that there were no hard feelings.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1
14 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

To be fair, hadn't he pretty much not played for a year or two before we signed him?  I'm sure he'd had hardly any football prior to joining us.

He played a handful of games at Standard Liège before joining us but before that he'd been injured at Man Utd where he only played 2 games.

I thought valdes was pretty good after that shakey start, I remember that arsenal game being the turning point.

As for ‘surprise’ exits Ayala, Britt, Clayton and friend would be the biggest surprises for most fans apart from wing and tavernier who I can’t see the club selling anyway.

Other than Randolph, Britt, fry, wing and probably tavernier, I don’t really rate any of the others enough to care if they’re sold.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Tom said:

Valdes was always abit dodgy even in that Barca team he was the weak link.

Valdes would definitely suit a possession style more is the thing. Whereas I don't think there are many shot stoppers better than Randolph out there.

• Thanks 1

Looks likely that Leeds will get Helder Costa on loan from wolves for a £2m loan fee, great player at this level, would've liked to see him here but that's a lot of money for a season + wages...

10 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Looks likely that Leeds will get Helder Costa on loan from wolves for a £2m loan fee, great player at this level, would've liked to see him here but that's a lot of money for a season + wages...

That's what we paid for Hugill ?