oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

I suspect it may be a case of one out one in will it not. So if we get £5m for McNair, we can spend £2.5m on a Winger. If we sell Braithwaite, Flint and Sav we could get the full backs and No 10 that we need.

I think this very short transfer window will push everything into the week leading up to the Luton game. I think Championship teams will be trading players with each other that week. I'd expect a lot of Premiership youngsters to go to Europe as their window closes later and the top teams will want to wait to see how their transfer business goes.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

1 hour ago, mj south said:

I cant understand why (according to the Gazette) we havnt made an offer for Jamal Lowe.

Given our extreme lack of wide players, the fact Lowe has requested to leave and would be relatively cheap, plus the fact he ticks lots of boxes regarding the type of players were now targeting I find it baffling how we've not put a single bid in yet.

We really do need to be abit more assertive than we seem to be at the moment, it's like were stuck in a lull and actually dont have a plan regarding recruiting new players

I had a chat with a Portsmouth fan the other day regarding Lowe. He said that Lowe had a good first half of last season but that form tailored off. He was unsure whether he is good enough for a top half championship team. Maybe we've come to the same conclusion and aren't ready to take that gamble at what Portsmouth are demanding.

23 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Really, I thought someone said he'd been at Rockliffe and wanted a 3 yr contract while we were only prepared to offer 2?

They did on here, its Graeme Bailey that says we had absolutely 0 contact with him.

23 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Really, I thought someone said he'd been at Rockliffe and wanted a 3 yr contract while we were only prepared to offer 2?

I think the 3 year contract part was when he was at Rockliffe last season, there was a rumour that he was spotted at Rockliffe a couple of days ago but that's just that, a rumour.

• Like 1

“I'll sit down with the chairman (Steve Gibson), Neil (Bausor) and Adrian (Bevington) and they know what we want so we'll go from there.”

What absolute bull ***, how long does it take them to realise what players are needed and that the time is running out. They are an embarrassment and are insulting the fans with these sort of comments. Get a grip!!!

2 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

“I'll sit down with the chairman (Steve Gibson), Neil (Bausor) and Adrian (Bevington) and they know what we want so we'll go from there.”

What absolute bull ***, how long does it take them to realise what players are needed and that the time is running out. They are an embarrassment and are insulting the fans with these sort of comments. Get a grip!!!

What else could he have said?

Having said that it is quite worrying that with less than one month to go until the start of the new season we have failed to address the same problems that we have had since the Premier League season. 

The coaching set up may have changed but it's the same higher level management/recruitment in charge and nothing is going to change drastically on that front.