oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

The redundancies etc happen at all clubs. As a business you always need to look at savings. 

It started well into last year when behind the scenes you had some of the younger staff being promoted. Seems they're doing a decent job of it as well. Brought in Take That and already have a few pencilled in for next summer. 

It's not as bad as the picture being painted. 

If only we had a few player signings pencilled in for THIS summer.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Brunners said:

To be fair, most big companies are run like this. My parents both work(ed) for huge names and both companies have been making cost cutting measures and asking for VR. It's an increasingly common sight.

As Wilson says though, we're doing this because of bad decisions we've made as opposed to say difficult trading conditions.  We put ourselves in a strong position or a relatively strong position and then we've systematically botched things up.

40 minutes ago, Prowler said:

In the last 2 seasons he's been directly involved in 30 goals, 15 in each. You saying we couldn't do with a player who can score and assist in 15 goals a season? ? 

Genuine question, you would have Reach back who as you said has contributed to 30 goals over the past 2 seasons. But you were very anti Adomah who has contributed to 25 goals in the past 2 seasons. Why?

6 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Genuine question, you would have Reach back who as you said has contributed to 30 goals over the past 2 seasons. But you were very anti Adomah who has contributed to 25 goals in the past 2 seasons. Why?

Reach is 5 years younger, didn't try and hold us for ransom and didn't dip in form when he couldn't get his way? 

All he wanted to do was play and he didn't get a fair shot when he was here. ?‍♂️ 

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, Prowler said:

Reach is 5 years younger, didn't try and hold us for ransom and didn't dip in form when he couldn't get his way? 

Fair enough, from a purely statistical point of view there isn't much in it. In fact if you look at both of their goal contributions compared to their starts (no sub apps) Adomah comes out on top.

But as you have pointed out it is the off field incidents and ages that put you off. Was it under Aitor that Adomah pulled a hissy fit? Seem to remember him being "injured" for a run of games.

4 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Fair enough, from a purely statistical point of view there isn't much in it. In fact if you look at both of their goal contributions compared to their starts (no sub apps) Adomah comes out on top.

But as you have pointed out it is the off field incidents and ages that put you off. Was it under Aitor that Adomah pulled a hissy fit? Seem to remember him being "injured" for a run of games.

Aye, it was under Aitor. Wanted a bigger contract, threw a paddy when we wouldn't give him one.

10 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Seem to recall it was around the time QPR were sniffing around for him. But I could be wrong.

Pretty sure it happened in consecutive seasons ?

I'm not actually feeling that bad about this season as it stands. Don't mind a summer of austerity (with regard to players) whilst the club try and figure out how to actually recruit players properly, after consecutive seasons of awful decision making.

We've got a good spine of our squad, just need some beef out wide so I'm hoping for some decent premier league loans like Ryan Kent etc. Hell, I'm pretty excited to see what some of these youngsters can do too.

There's not a chance we're getting promoted, but I'm already feeling that I'm going to enjoy this season much more than the previous two, and more importantly feel much more connected with the club again.

Up the Boro.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Jamie-H said:

L'Equipe have a story just up about Boro and Cardiff entering talks to sign Enzo Crivelli. They report it as talks beginning between the clubs over the transfer doesn't read as just 'interest' like other stories put out there.

L'Equipe links disappear but this website ripped the story anyway: 

https://www.francefootball.fr/news/Le-caennais-enzo-crivelli-plait-en-angleterre/1039032

Why are we never linked with a winger ?