oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

There’s nothing wrong with wishing to sign players, clubs can spend money on a player and do well out of it.

Our problem is we have been really bad at it, it’s not like it’s a hindsight thing the likes of gestede, saville, hugill even flint had question marks over them from some fans at the time of signing.

Clubs like ours have to adapt, we must use players as revenue generators, like traore, buy, develop, profit. If we were ruthless enough we could do the same with Randolph, sell for profit and replace with someone like Raya who went for £3.5m.

Our problem seems to be replacing players and getting our first choice targets in. For me it goes all the way back to 09/10, we sold Johnson for £9m and wasted the lot on over paid Scottish league rubbish. weve just carried on from there.

People can bleat on all they want about expectations or whatever, I have no expectations this season, I was happy enough to see us trying to get in the likes of Lowe, Dijksteel, Koroma, Yearwood. 

My whole issue is the terrible way we appear to run ourselves, wasting millions on players we don’t need/barely play, missing out on players, going for ex players, showing no invention at all in our recruitment. We pretty much got laughed at in the media by Millwall after we took saville.

I know the ‘jokey’ thread title will have been partially inspired from what I posted earlier in the day but *** it I don’t care anymore, it’s my opinion and All I have to go on is what we see and that is zero progress, regression,  terrible decision making right from the top, no strategy or future planning, our chief exec apparently being taken for a ride by and old manager and his agent, £40m worth of players sat on our books who either don’t look up to it, don’t want to be here or have barely even played (Saville, Gestede, Braithwaite, Flint, McNair, Fletcher) and selling off our 3 best players last summer and replacing them quite frankly with absolute dross, even including a token attempt for a former player.

Laughable

• Like 1
  • Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

well im looking forward to the new season and have some hope thats for sure,im sure we will bring in a few decent additions,and i still expect to finnish in the playoffs at least.teams have shown its possible to do it without spending bucket loads of money.time will tell of course,personally im just hoping for better quality football than last season.

Most boring transfer window ever!

Decided to do my transfer wish list, what's everyone's else's?

Sell. Shotton, Braithwaite, Gestede, Flint

Buy. Lowe, J. Tavenier

Loan. Traore, Gibson, Kent

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, mj south said:

Most boring transfer window ever!

Decided to do my transfer wish list, what's everyone's else's?

Sell. Shotton, Braithwaite, Gestede, Flint

Buy. Lowe, J. Tavenier

Loan. Traore, Gibson, Kent

After what Lurker said last night...

Little Mix, Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus, Ariana Grande and Justin Timberlake. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Justin Timberlake is getting on a bit isn't he, why are we always after these past-it plodders?!

• Haha 3
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Justin Timberlake is getting on a bit isn't he, why are we always after these past-it plodders?!

At least he didn’t suggest Rod Stewart. You can be sure Strachan would have signed him ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
49 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Your taste in music is.... questionable? I thought you were a grown man?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Woodgate says he wants 4 3 3 to be his preferred formation but acknowledges we don't have the wingers to play it atm. So hopefully we can get them in. 

I hope he has a Plan B if we can't, and doesn't simply attempt to shoehorn players into wrong positions a la Pulis.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I hope he has a Plan B if we can't, and doesn't simply attempt to shoehorn players into wrong positions a la Pulis.

He says the right things in the article:

“If you haven’t got the numbers, if you’ve got players injured, or like now when I’ve got no wingers, then you have to change it. Sometimes you have to do that.”

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

we have needed wingers from at least the last four transfer windows. Oh Gill, Bevington show us what you got....

5 minutes ago, Brunners said:

He says the right things in the article:

“If you haven’t got the numbers, if you’ve got players injured, or like now when I’ve got no wingers, then you have to change it. Sometimes you have to do that.”

Thanks for that, I can't read the article as Twitter is blocked on my work computer.