oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

Did anyone notice how shocking Flint was with the ball vs Gateshead? To be honest he'd be the one I'd be trying to get rid of asap.

Just don't see how he fits into a ball playing team without making 4 or 5 serious mistakes per game.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Dan1234 said:

Did anyone notice how shocking Flint was with the ball vs Gateshead? To be honest he'd be the one I'd be trying to get rid of asap.

Just don't see how he fits into a ball playing team without making 4 or 5 serious mistakes per game.

You can interchange the names flint and shotton there btw, they're both bad with the ball.

Just now, Brunners said:

You can interchange the names flint and shotton there btw, they're both bad with the ball.

Aye true. I was going to say Flint will be on more money but isn't there reports of Shotton's wage being massive? 

What I would say is that I believe Flint still holds a higher value, plus Shotton at least has some athletic ability to make up for his mistakes, Flint just looks horribly exposed.

5 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

I would love to  class these as rivals, let's be honest we are financially in a different league now and I can't see is being anywhere near the top they are way ahead of us with parachute money. Fulham also keen on Knockhart. 

Yes let's not kid ourselves anymore. We are going to be in the Championship for quite a while now. Don't see us anywhere near the top 6 next season. 

• Like 1

Yeah those teams are aiming for the automatics we're aiming for a sniff at top 6. I do think teams that come down will struggle to go back up within a year, was Newcastle the last team to do it? And they had Benitez. 

1 hour ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

I would love to  class these as rivals, let's be honest we are financially in a different league now and I can't see is being anywhere near the top they are way ahead of us with parachute money. Fulham also keen on Knockhart. 

As were we supposed to be for the last two years, but were well overtaken by teams on no parachute money (except for Villa).

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

As were we supposed to be for the last two years, but were well overtaken by teams on no parachute money (except for Villa).

True pal. What's interesting is now some of our first team are saying last season  was a failure and not good enough. No player would enjoy Pulis as manager. 

5 minutes ago, mj south said:

I honestly believe that last season our squad was good enough for promotion, all that let us down was having a manager that wasn't good enough

I dont think so. Wings and full backs were just simply not good enough, we would have had no chance against any of the play off teams across 2 legs imo.

1 minute ago, mj south said:

I honestly believe that last season our squad was good enough for promotion, all that let us down was having a manager that wasn't good enough

I think expecting our fortunes to change by a huge margin just with a change of manager and style is setting ourselves up for a fall. Keep in mind Pulis had about a decade of top flight experience. I expect us to do worse this year just because I imagine our goals conceded will sky rocket as we settle into our new style. The place Pulis really let us down was the transfer market, leaving the squad horribly unbalanced.

2 hours ago, BearSmog said:

As a 35 year old married father of two myself I'm pretty sure I'm entitled to watch whatever I want to watch without judgement.. 

You can't be married if you're allowed to do things without judgement ?

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Imagine how we're gonna feel if Jamal Lowe goes to Preston or Wigan and we can't even compete for him. 

I'm not gonna feel much because I don't know if he's really any good or not.  Missing out on players happens every single summer, I don't suppose it makes that much difference who gets them ahead of you.

1 hour ago, "KM" said:

Yes let's not kid ourselves anymore. We are going to be in the Championship for quite a while now. Don't see us anywhere near the top 6 next season. 

We'll see.  Still nearly a month of the window to go yet and if we could get some sales business done we'll no doubt get a few incomings.

18 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

You can't be married if you're allowed to do things without judgement ?

Sorry I should have been more clear, it should have read "without judgement of my peers not including my evil overlord.