Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Fry is a better all round player than Gibbo. He will go further than Gibbo in my opinion.

I think he has potential to be better given his ability on the ball compared to Gibbo but I can’t agree he’s better now. Gibbo is a good centre back he’s just had a wasted year. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Foogle said:

Yeah I'm definitely not disputing that our wage bill is healthy looking at the moment, I just think it's not too panic-worthy as we know quite a few of those contracts will expire soon.

McNair signed in the prem but most contracts have relegation clauses of about 40% per division and he was only 23 when we signed him so I don't reckon he will be on that much here. Just seems nonsensical to be trying to reduce our overall wage bill but at the same time offering to quadruple these players wages. But then again not much has made sense in the last few years so you're probably right...

I don't think it's panic worthy either but I bet it's the number one priority this summer for the club so it is likely to govern our thinking and what we do.  

• Like 1

Just get that horrible feeling we are going to be in store for another pathetic transfer window where we sell our best players and are then left short having had little or no time to replace them. Rinse and repeat of the last few transfer windows. We are just so incompetent. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, jamesp said:

Shhhh he saved us 30 odd years ago you know ?

Kills me, Henry Moszkowicz saved us, Gibson just put an ad in the paper and this bloke responded and invested the money into the club to save us. Gibson made a power move a few months further down the line ousting him and taking complete control. 

It kills me that this is where his halo came from, I think Gibson ut £25 grand in And Henry £275 grand - yet gets no credit.

The fact he still rides the wave that he single handedly saved the club with his own money with a lot of fans kills me. 

2 hours ago, mendieta420 said:

Where do people get this *** from? He's single-handedly financed Middlesbrough from that very pocket and kept us where we are. We're a small town just outside of Newcastle with everything going against us (poor education, poverty etc), without him where would we be? Who would take this on?

20 mil for a player that hasn't even proven himself over a full season in Championship .. snap their hands-off.

No he hasn't single handedly financed us - that's just what you all tell yourselves to justify blindly following and swallowing his bullshit daily. 

Sigh...  Ok well we trim back, make do with what we have plus a few new signings, loans etc.  I find this so rubbish, we got back to the premier League after all those years out if it then totally knackered it up.  Sorry but for me this all points to terrible decisions by SG and co.  Thankful for what he's done but we just cannot seem to get it right.

A little bit of additional info from when I mentioned the Fry Burnley deal last week....

Any deal for Ben Gibson will be separate to the Fry deal, however it is highly unlikely Gibson will be leaving, especially to us.

We are also interested in a player from Burnley (not Gibson) and discussions have already begun, I do not have a name yet so I will try and pass this on when I can. 

• Like 4

Probably someone crap like Ben Mee but possibly it’s Vydra as we clearly have a big interest in him.

Tbh I think if we get £20m for fry that’s astonishing business, yes he’s got potential but wasn’t even nailed on starter last season. As someone said earlier snap their hands off.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Probably someone crap like Ben Mee but possibly it’s Vydra as we clearly have a big interest in him.

Tbh I think if we get £20m for fry that’s astonishing business, yes he’s got potential but wasn’t even nailed on starter last season. As someone said earlier snap their hands off.

I like Ben Mee, good player, was linked with a move back to Man City a few years ago, definitely won't be him.

It could possibly be Vydra, but wages would be a sticking point. Nakhi Wells maybe? I don't know, as I say i will find out hopefully. I just hope it an attacking player and not a position that we don't really need, we're pretty good at that you see haha.

8 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

He played more minutes than Ayala and I'd rather him in our team than any of the others but £20m is a lot of course it is.  Let's just see what it gets used on though it goes through.