Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Do you really think that Friend will start at CB against Luton, CT? ?

shotton and friend at cb will kick ass they move alot quicker than flint or ayala 

15 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Karanka was the head coach, I was told by someone who worked at the club and did a lot with bausor that other than a few of his own suggestions, Karanka neither had nor wanted very little to do with that side of things. 

Also go back and read Gary gills interviews from 2016, creaming himself over how long they’d followed de roon and Fischer and how great it was to finally get them. Why should it be any different for the majority of our other signings made in that period?

Clayton signed not even a year after Karanka joined.

vossen was almost signed pre karanka

Downing, pretty obvious who wanted him...

Rhodes, I’d look at the weird last minute goings on and him not exactly being a nailed on starter and the fact Karanka literally called him a ‘gift from the chairman’ to work out who decided to get him.

Ones where Karanka had an influence you could say Gaston, Kike and Damia.

After promotion 

De Roon and Fischer already claimed by Gill

Traore and Guzan I think we can safely say recruitment team.

Valdes Id say was a Karanka signing

Negredo, Espinosa and Barragan I’m not sure. Like you could say they were Karanka signings but surely that’s based on nothing more than them being Spanish?

Going off rumours from back then and on here at the time I’d say the players Karanka himself wanted that summer were Llorente, Deleofeu, Valdes, Jesé and Bojan. All the rest imo were recruitment team suggestions.

Even if that's the case then, all Karanka's targets were completely unattainable

Just now, king boro said:

players i think will still go braithwaite 10m mcnair 10m fry 20m randolph going to villa for 10 m thats 56 million we just got 6 m for flint 

Do we spend all of that money on just one special player though or on lots of the players?  That's the difficult decision we have to make ?

1 minute ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Even if that's the case then, all Karanka's targets were completely unattainable

Swansea got Llorente, we got Valdes and would have got Delufeou had spurs not took sissoko off Everton. Those 3 I’d say were definately attainable.

Just now, DanFromDownSouth said:

That's like comparing snails to slugs mate! Neither pairing are exactly quick.

did you see shotton run down the flank last season at times he was really fast everyone was calling him shottdinho

2 minutes ago, king boro said:

did you see shotton run down the flank last season at times he was really fast everyone was calling him shottdinho

I called him Usain Shotton but it never caught on ?

3 minutes ago, king boro said:

Not seriously they weren't.

14 minutes ago, king boro said:

I tell you what you've made me see the error of my ways.

Friend and Shottdinho all the way!