oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

1 minute ago, Will said:
2 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Real Sociedad are after MB... offered us 2mil which was politely declined.

?

How much more are we likely to get though?  I wonder what we will sell him for if it comes down to it?

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

Just now, Changing Times said:

How much more are we likely to get though?  I wonder what we will sell him for if it comes down to it?

I'd be OK washing our hands of him for double that.

5 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

I don't know Is the honest answer. Looking at all the comments about finance etc I'm gonna say I think so.

Would it not be more down to each individual deal, depending on how much we still owe to the club we got them off, what the players pay off will be etc.

6 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Would it not be more down to each individual deal, depending on how much we still owe to the club we got them off, what the players pay off will be etc.

Could be, I just wondered if it was a new club policy perhaps.

1 minute ago, Will said:

Only problem I see with the Flint deal is we'll have had to pay him his loyalty bonus, which could be fairly large.

I imagine that will be covered by the £2m not available for transfers if that info is true. I’d be more worried about braithwaites haha and also *** off that he’s actually entitled to one! 

I wonder if the club can refuse paying it, I mean if the story is true about him barging into bausors office demanding a move that sounds like a transfer request to me!

1 minute ago, LinoJo3 said:

I imagine that will be covered by the £2m not available for transfers if that info is true. I’d be more worried about braithwaites haha and also *** off that he’s actually entitled to one! 

I wonder if the club can refuse paying it, I mean if the story is true about him barging into bausors office demanding a move that sounds like a transfer request to me!

It has to be true. Tony wouldn't lie..... ?

4 hours ago, TLF10 said:

I am sorry, and i dont mean this as any disrespect, but the idea that any footballer does not know another club is in for him is just not possible. 

So we and Cardiff agree a fee and everything else and first Flint knows is when Warnock rings him? So where was flint agent whilst all this was going on? Asleep?

Buying clubs usually contact a player's agent to sound out idea if player is interested in coming to them (either before or during talks with his current club). 

I thought the club had to give permission before another club could speak to a player contracted to Boro 

2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

5-6m for Braithwaite would be acceptable.

If Woody wants to give him a chance this season to show what he can do under a new manager playing in a new system why would we accept anything lower?

Because Woodgate isn't make the decisions at the club and Braithwaite is on a lot of money that the club would prefer not to be paying to anyone?  That's how I'm looking at it anyway.

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Because Woodgate isn't make the decisions at the club and Braithwaite is on a lot of money that the club would prefer not to be paying to anyone?  That's how I'm looking at it anyway.

True, but he's the head coach so surely he has some input. If he's told Gibson that he wants to keep MB then the club surely will try to accommodate that? He could be an important player for us this season.

Until it all falls apart and he wants to leave again at the slightest sniff of another offer, that is.

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

True, but he's the head coach so surely he has some input. If he's told Gibson that he wants to keep MB then the club surely will try to accommodate that? He could be an important player for us this season.

Until it all falls apart and he wants to leave again at the slightest sniff of another offer, that is.

That's all well and good but he's far and away the best paid player at the club and has flounced twice mid-season. There comes a point where Gibson would have to put his foot down and tell his manager that this player is being sold.

4 hours ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Interesting to hear Flint's reflections on last season as personally very dissapointing, but without blaming the maanger or any of his teammates. Seems like a decent bloke and we know he can be better... but £6m would be good business if we can reinvest that into a full back or winger. 

You just know he is going to thump in 12 headed goals for Cardiff next season! 

Three of them against us

I don't think there will be any surprise to see Braithwaite go, from Woody's perspective. He'll keep talking the talk both publicly and in training because he may have to work with him. We also want to at least keep up some kind of feeling that we can keep him around whilst the window still has some way to go or else the only offers we'll get are the shoddy £2m offers, where we'll probably still have to pay some of his wages to get rid of him.