oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

Just now, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Speculation, there is no basis for anyone to be leaving or joining beyond fairly weak rumours

The same fairly weak rumours that showed Flint was being touted around?

Rumours, for sure, but I think it's pretty clear that we are trying to make funds available for deals and to get rid of wages off the wage bill. Pretty much everyone will have their price. It might not be a fire-sale as some seem to be heralding but I think there's good reason to suggest we would sell Randolph, Braithwaite and Britt if the right offers came in.

I don't think Britt will go, mind you. I don't think we'll get an offer we're happy with and he won't give up the cause the way Braithwaite has. I think Randolph leaving comes down to movement elsewhere in the market, Burnley, Villa and Stoke are 3 clubs that are involved in this goalkeeper tussle that may lead to someone bidding a reasonable amount for Randolph. Braithwaite, I think we're just holding on for something more but may let him go for less than we want just to get rid of him at this rate.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I merely mean, maybe we should hold back on having lots of money to spend until we learn how to spend it better. I'd rather spend less but spend it more wisely although that takes a lot of planning and smarter thinking, which we haven't shown for a while.

I may be wrong but I think a lot of that was down to us feeling like we could just outspend most of the league but that's caught up on us.

Literally what I was suggesting when I said the club is badly run and you argued against. 

2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Rumours, for sure, but I think it's pretty clear that we are trying to make funds available for deals and to get rid of wages off the wage bill. Pretty much everyone will have their price. It might not be a fire-sale as some seem to be heralding but I think there's good reason to suggest we would sell Randolph, Braithwaite and Britt if the right offers came in.

I don't think Britt will go, mind you. I don't think we'll get an offer we're happy with and he won't give up the cause the way Braithwaite has. I think Randolph leaving comes down to movement elsewhere in the market, Burnley, Villa and Stoke are 3 clubs that are involved in this goalkeeper tussle that may lead to someone bidding a reasonable amount for Randolph. Braithwaite, I think we're just holding on for something more but may let him go for less than we want just to get rid of him at this rate.

It wasn't a dig at anyone or anything, it's just true that it's nothing more than speculation.

Any player could go but there is no basis beyond speculation as of yet. I agree with you though, we seem to be in a position where everyone is for sale, especially if they are a big earner.

I didn't think Britt would be one to go but if he's going into his last year of his contract and we get a half decent offer, then you never know..

3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I don't think Britt will go, mind you. I don't think we'll get an offer we're happy with and he won't give up the cause the way Braithwaite has. I think Randolph leaving comes down to movement elsewhere in the market, Burnley, Villa and Stoke are 3 clubs that are involved in this goalkeeper tussle that may lead to someone bidding a reasonable amount for Randolph. Braithwaite, I think we're just holding on for something more but may let him go for less than we want just to get rid of him at this 

I think if Villa get Heaton the Randolph rumours are put to bed. Burnley are making Nick Pope no.1 I read and Stoke i think have anticipated Butland leaving by signing Barnsley and league 1 GK of year, Davies with Federici as his back up.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Hobo said:

Literally what I was suggesting when I said the club is badly run and you argued against. 

My point was, that it doesn't mean the entire club is ran badly. 

We make mistakes but seem to be self aware enough to try and change. We just have a lot to learn in terms of recruitment, to suggest we are badly ran as an organisation seems a little strong though.

12 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

@TAPOUT. That would be a very busy week of transfer activity which is not something our club like doing. 

Hierachy are still recovering from selling flint last week which in their books was a very manic week of transfer activity. They will need all of July to catch they breathe so be patient with them.

Ok then. Maybe over the next fortnight.

Obviously just guesswork but I think the saleable high earners will be gone sooner rather than later. In a season of transition I just see their value being at their highest now. If we struggle next season I only see their potential fees plummeting, but us having the continued burden of their high wage.

6 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

It wasn't a dig at anyone or anything, it's just true that it's nothing more than speculation.

Any player could go but there is no basis beyond speculation as of yet. I agree with you though, we seem to be in a position where everyone is for sale, especially if they are a big earner.

I didn't think Britt would be one to go but if he's going into his last year of his contract and we get a half decent offer, then you never know..

His contract is until 2021, I don't think we'll be too worried about him just yet.

• Like 1

We can’t afford to lose Britt. He’s the only finisher we have in the team. He scored a decent number of goals last season based on the number of sub appearances and shocking quality of our attacking play / support.

In a more attacking team he’d bang the goals in.

He’s a must keep for me. He needs supporting, not selling.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

His contract is until 2021, I don't think we'll be too worried about him just yet.

Ahh cool, I hope we keep him. Could flourish under a different manager, I just hope we get the odd attacking midfielder on loan to support him and the players we have

27 minutes ago, TLF10 said:
36 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

IMO as things stand Gestede doesn't leave and starts vs Luton 

Agree Mendi. I can see him starting with Tav and Fletch either side of him. Britt on bench and Braithwaite will either be gone or "injured/ ill/ tired/ forgot his boots/ thought we were playing at home and went to riverside by mistake / no one told him our game had been moved to a Friday night" etc etc etc.

If Assombalonga is still here when we play Luton then I think it's nailed on for him to start.  We'll only be able to get rid of Gestede if we are prepared to let him go for nothing and pay a large part of his wages I reckon.  In that scenario it's probably better to keep him unfortunately.

Just watched the Ireland U19’s beat the Czech Republic in the Euros. Jonathon Afolobi was excellent up front. He’s big, strong, quick and physical with a very good left foot. He is also a free agent having been released by Southampton. He would be a player that would be well worth Boro having a punt on.

2 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Contrary to Woody on MB...I have it on good authority they are meeting tomorrow with Bausor Bevington and Keane. No idea what about though. Will update when I get an update

You mean MB is meeting with the names mentioned?

3 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Contrary to Woody on MB...I have it on good authority they are meeting tomorrow with Bausor Bevington and Keane. No idea what about though. Will update when I get an update

Sorry SDS. Who are meeting with Bauser, Bevington and Keane? And why Keane and not Woodgate?