oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

13 minutes ago, Will said:

It’s like you’re parodying yourself now

So loosing 4 million on a player in 2 years is perfectly acceptable then?

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

What would you do right now regarding Braithwaite?

Everyone knows what's gone before now and most have seemingly come to terms with it. I can't tell whether you're just still finding it impossible to accept what has happened the last couple of years or whether you genuinely think we should be holding out for more money from selling Braithwaite right now.

Well in today’s market he is worth more than 4 million (which in today’s market buys will grigg)

But he is arguably our best player so if we have any ambition we should probably keep him

17 minutes ago, jamesp said:

What a disaster this club is, loosing over 4 million on a player in 2 seasons is a joke. We will keep going backwards with these idiots running the club 

It happens at every club though. Lots of players lose value. If we have gotten a decent loan fee for the past two loans we might not have lost so much. 4.5 is a decent price. Not huge but a fair price considering his wages. I’m a bit wary about what is going to happen regarding his wages because I can’t see another club matching it and will he be willing to give up, say 20k a week? That’s a million over the remaining two years of his contract. I take it the meeting tomorrow is to try and strike a compromise. 

Just now, jamesp said:

Well in today’s market he is worth more than 4 million (which in today’s market buys will grigg)

But he is arguably our best player so if we have any ambition we should probably keep him

Har you completely forgotten about his extortionate wages? We simply can’t afford to keep him and that also reflects on the price. 

Just now, BoroJake said:

When they are on 50k a week yes

So buying a player for 9 million then selling for 4million 2 years later after paying him 50k Is acceptable?

how can anyone possibly defend the club on this? It’s not even like it’s a one off either 

37 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I see your point, just feels like a risk at that price. We don't want another Johnson, Fletcher, Braithwaite etc.

Tbh I think there is always a risk in any transfer. Especially when signing players from lower leagues. 

They either make the step up and replicate there form in a higher division and be seen as a bargain, or completely flop, i.e as you mentioned Marvin Johnson haha

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Har you completely forgotten about his extortionate wages? We simply can’t afford to keep him and that also reflects on the price. 

It just makes it even worse that the club has given him a 50k contract 2 seasons ago and will now accept over 4 million loss on his transfer fee because they now can’t afford those wages. Almost makes you think the people running the club have no idea

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, jamesp said:

I agree with you. I’d love to keep him and for him to knuckle down.  But what if MB wants away? We have no option but to sell him.

2 minutes ago, jamesp said:
5 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

When they are on 50k a week yes

So buying a player for 9 million then selling for 4million 2 years later after paying him 50k Is acceptable?

how can anyone possibly defend the club on this? It’s not even like it’s a one off either 

Who else have we bought high and sold low like?

It happens. We will buy some players high and sell them lower, but others we'd make money on. If we sold Randolph, Wing, Ayala and arguably Friend or Clayton tomorrow, we'd get more than we paid.

7 minutes ago, jamesp said:

The chap is an absolute knob and we need to get shot of him ASAP 

2 minutes ago, jamesp said:

I don't think anyone doubts what Braithwaite is worth, but we don't have the benefit of being able to sell our highest earner for what he's worth. We probably don't have the benefit of selling anyone on high wages what they're worth, certainly we'll find it incapable of making a profit on anyone in that bracket but for maybe Randolph right now and that's more to do with how little we paid for him, relatively speaking.

As for ambition, well we have an ambition to not go bust. Braithwaite has an ambition to play anywhere but here. Financially speaking, Braithwaite represents a huge problem for us as whatever we've paid him in the past 2 years, we've not seen the benefit of it. At least with say Britt, you can say he gets his head down and carries on in the face of any localised adversity. Braithwaite has tried to jump at the first sign of danger to his career and has arguably killed the last year and a half in doing so.

I think you're living in cloud cuckoo land if you think we can sell him at his value or keep him without severe repercussions to our finances.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Tom said:

Who else have we bought high and sold low like?

It happens. We will buy some players high and sell them lower, but others we'd make money on. If we sold Randolph, Wing, Ayala and arguably Friend or Clayton tomorrow, we'd get more than we paid.

Just this week we have lost 2 million on Flint in a season. Of the current squad we will loose on Assombalonga, Fletcher, Howson, Saville, Johnson, Gestede if we sell this window

• Like 1