Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Dan1234 said:

@Lurker Do we expect Martin to be gone today? It would obviously be sooner the better.

Probably for the best. I don't really see where he fits in with a one up top + wingers set up even though he's arguably our best player. Likely not arsed about being here either, time to cut ties.

Doubt it’ll be as quick as that. This week he’ll be gone though 

3 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

I presume we will be paying a chunk of his wages

No idea yet on that. Need him out though, still doesn’t want to be here and is on far too much. 

If Martin goes for 5, Flint already gone for similar. That's two big wages off the books combined with Downing, Mikel, Hugill etc.

Do we reckon we'll still be needing to cash in on one of our saleable assets, Randy, Fry or Britt?

8 hours ago, Changing Times said:

It's probably worth remembering that we signed Braithwaite as a Championship club.  I think jamesp is about right in what he has said really.  We signed a player for £9m and whatever he gets paid per week as a Championship club.  You can talk about parachute payments if you like but it doesn't change the fact that we're taking a hit on him after taking a hit on Flint.  It's the right thing to do but it's still *** poor on the part of the club.

Like I've said, we know what we done in the past is crap, I think pretty much everyone agrees on that. But we're talking about what we do moving forward as a result of our current situation. He seems to think we should either keep him or hold out for a fee much closer to his actual worth which is living in dream land a bit. It's bad spending £50k a week on a player in the Championship when you've got parachute payments to help you, it's a whole lot worse continuing to pay a player that after those payments are gone.

1 minute ago, Dan1234 said:

If Martin goes for 5, Flint already gone for similar. That's two big wages off the books combined with Downing, Mikel, Hugill etc.

Do we reckon we'll still be needing to cash in on one of our saleable assets, Randy, Fry or Britt?

I think Britt and Randolph will go for acceptable offers. Fry probably stay. 

I believe the EG said our wage bill needs to be below £21m and is currently over £25m, so based on them figures we must be below £20m now even with only 50% of the fee's going back into the pot

13 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Think shifting some of the other high earners (Gestede and Shotton) and deadwood (Johnson and Saville). Will lessen the need for us to cash in on our important assets. Still think if a large offer came in for any of then we would consider the bid.

Obviously if we can't get certain players out I think we will have to start considering selling the likes of Randolph, Britt and Fry.

All this just proves to me that Pulis has a lot to answer for. On so many levels. Nearly every single issue we've discussed throughout this window with regards to the squad, individuals, loss of investments etc - there's at least one major Pulis action which is a direct influential of that negative. 

How did he get away with it? Why did we allow him such absolute power? What did he actually achieve for anyone other than himself? Honestly don't want to see that man near another football club ever again. I'd feel very, very sorry for their fans - no matter who they are.

11 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

All this just proves to me that Pulis has a lot to answer for. On so many levels. Nearly every single issue we've discussed throughout this window with regards to the squad, individuals, loss of investments etc - there's at least one major Pulis action which is a direct influential of that negative. 

How did he get away with it? Why did we allow him such absolute power? What did he actually achieve for anyone other than himself? Honestly don't want to see that man near another football club ever again. I'd feel very, very sorry for their fans - no matter who they are.

Jokin’ arn ya?! He made us terrible to watch, alienated players, sold some of our better ones, didn’t replace them but did buy 3 average players that we’re now actively looking at selling 12 months later at a loss. But on the plus side we did work aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrdddddd

• Like 1