oneBoro Forum
Denzel Zanzibar

Summer Transfers & Rumours 2019 - Post Mortem

Just now, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Bit of a bombshell here but even the best strikers miss chances

Ian Rush used to say he needed 5 chances for 1 goal

• Like 1

Just now, Will said:

The one where Britt was travelling diagonally across the box away from goal?

That's the one yep.

If worse came to worse replacements for Britt, Samatta £8-10m, Frey - £2-3m, Gayle (Loan) plus other striker targets. Yes replacing Britt would be a risk and it could possibly go wrong but there are also a lot of better strikers out there too

pretty sure it was browne with the outrageous jumping back heel to set britt totally clear a few yards out. the keeper rushed him, but it was a total fluff from britt. uses his left foot it in the net if he hits the target, by using his right he brought the rushing keeper into play.

42 minutes ago, Lord_Moose said:

This 32Red thing almost reads like 3rd party ownership 

We need Bulkhaul to sponsor Britt's wages if we start to sail too close to FFP.

Derby are starting to take the piddle though, and the EFL need to look into dealings like this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Brunners said:

That's the one yep.

Oh

Genuinely looking forward to seeing Bola and Dijksteel playing see what the offer.

• Like 3

Woodgate press conference at 4.  Although I doubt we will hear anything other than generic comments re transfers!

1 minute ago, Dynamo Kev said:

pretty sure it was browne with the outrageous jumping back heel to set britt totally clear a few yards out. the keeper rushed him, but it was a total fluff from britt. uses his left foot it in the net if he hits the target, by using his right he brought the rushing keeper into play.

😂😂😂

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

That's the one yep.

no he was in on goal from slightly the right side facing the goal.

2 minutes ago, Will said:

The one where Britt was travelling diagonally across the box away from goal?

Yes mate, that's the one. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Every top player in the world has skied a penalty or missed completely. Messi missed 4 yard headers in open goals before. Britt is one of best strikers in the league. He scores goals and thats exactly what hes there for

Not that I want to get on the Britt bashing train, but the best he's ever managed is joint 7th highest scorer in the league and that was his first season with us, and he never provides assists.

There have always been plenty of strikers better in the league than him in every season.

Still the best goalscorer we have though and I really hope we keep him.

Edited by TeaCider24

1 minute ago, Dynamo Kev said:

Nah it was Fletcher with the backheel. Browne megsed one of their players.

• Like 1

i dont often slate our players. i apologize. but i'm getting my frustrations out because hes leaving. 😄 

Just now, Dynamo Kev said:

i dont often slate our players. i apologize. but i'm getting my frustrations out because hes leaving. 😄 

He's not leaving...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest Posts

• The Boro are unbeaten in the last 4 games & on the back of a 1-0 win at home to Reading travel to South Wales to take on recently relegated Cardiff City who sit below the Boro in the championship table on goal difference, there record is the same as the Boro’s so far, played 7, won 2, drew 3, lost 2 One of the bookies favourites to return to the PL Cardiff have found it anything but easy, they’ve had a busy summer in the transfer market bringing in up to 10 players, including our very own Aden Flint a big money transfer Cardiff are without a win in the last 3 games after starting the season with 2 wins & a draw from their opening 3 home fixtures, this will be another testing time for team  But its about the Boro, how Jonathan Woodgate sets us up, formation we play too, Luton & Bristol City away we played fast attacking football though & IMHO, a win was what we deserved, a draw is what we got in both games Will Woodgate to stick with the team that started against Reading?  Will Woodgate keep with Shotton, or bring in Ayala to partner Dael Fry? Another game for both Dijksteel & Bola to build their confidence Paddy McNair continues to improve in his new role, along with Johnson & Fletcher,Assombalonga will scare the life out of most Championship defences Unfortunately Hayden Coulson, who was playing fantastically well then injured is still unavailable, along with Jonny Howson   The 1st fixture away to Cardiff City on the 24th September 1921, Boro losing 3-1 Cardiff City v Boro fixture will be the 31st fixture in South Wales between the 2 teams with the following record: Won 6 Drew 4 Lost 20 Goals scored - 31 Goals against - 54   Did you know: May 1965 – Winner takes all final match of the season, winners stay up, losers go down, Boro’s centre half Dickie Rooks scores a hat trick, unfortunately, Cardiff score 5 as we lose the game 5-3 & relegated to the 3rd division Andy Campbell is a hero in Cardiff, he scored the winning goal against QPR in the playoff final Stephen Pears Boro’s 1st loaned signing made his loan at home to Cardiff 5th November 83 Never been a goaless draw between both teams in Cardiff   Played for both clubs: Micky Burns - 61 games for Boro, scoring 24 goals, played 6 for Cardiff scoring zero goals Alan Foggon - 115 games for Boro, scoring 45 goals, played 17 for Cardiff scoring 1 goal Jonny Vincent - 40 games for Boro, scoring 7 goals, played 66 for Cardiff scoring 11 goals George Smith - 74 games for Boro, zero goals, played 45 for Cardiff scoring 1 goal Andy Crawford - 9 games for Boro, scoring 1 goal, played 6 for Cardiff scoring 1 goal Ironically Andy Crawfords only Boro goal was against Cardiff in the same game as Pears debut Andy Campbell - 56 games for Boro, scoring 4 goals, played 73 for Cardiff scoring 12 goals Graham Kavanagh - 35 games for Boro, scoring 3 goals, played 142 for Cardiff scoring 28 goals Lee Tomlin - 56 games for Boro, scoring 11 goals, played 16 for Cardiff scoring 1 goal Joe Bennett - 85 games for Boro, scoring 1 goal, played 99 for Cardiff scoring 4 goals Andy Dibble - 21 games for Boro, 62 games for the Cardiff Aden Flint - 39 games for Boro, scoring 1 goal, played 7 for Cardiff scoring 1 goal  
    • https://wp.me/p4i04N-54w Here's my report from tonight's Premier League 2 clash between Sunderland U23s and Middlesbrough U23s where goals from Stephen Walker (x2) and Rumarn Burrell helped Middlesbrough to a 2-3 win.
    • Boro flashback - This day 16th September 2004 Our 1st ever European cup match Boro 3 Banik Ostrava 0 JFK 1st goalscorer & 2 from Viduka
    • Leeds  v  Derby - Home Birmingham  v  PNE - Home Brentford  v  Stoke - Home Bristol Cty  v  Swansea - Draw Cardiff  v  Middlesbrough - Home (Assombalonga) Luton  v  Hull - Draw Millwall  v  QPR - Away N.Forest  v  Barnsley - Home Reading  v  Blackburn - Home Sheff Wed  v  Fulham - Away
    • From the Danish League We should scout the following...  Muhktar (Brøndby), Marc Dal Hende and  Joel Anderson (FCM), Lucas Andersen (AaB) and the Bundu guy BD named from AGF