Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

The part in bold is where I think our policy will change. This is something where I believe the club are striving to change, in the past as you mention there have been different people pulling in different directions. 

At the moment it seems the club are trying to bring in the right people (coaches that have been hired) that align with our new approach. There seems to be a huge emphasis on the collective.

We may have the same transfer policy as in the past, but I believe we will see a united front in terms of the signings being made. A prime example of when this didn't happen was the Rhodes signing. It was obvious that he was not Aitor's signing.

Well I think that's where things have to change but if you have the same people involved then I'm just not sure whether it will change or not.  We'll see I suppose.

7 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Well they couldn’t have made it more clear how it’s working this summer, all signings are recruitment team. Make or break for them.

They always have been though that is my point.  It's still Gibson, Bausor and Gill with input from Woodgate rather than Pulis/Monk/Karanka etc and presumably with input from Bevington who is no more than just about any other Boro fan in that type of discussion.  Maybe the whole process will be different and that will in turn make the difference as to how successful we are.

12 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

They always have been though that is my point.  It's still Gibson, Bausor and Gill with input from Woodgate rather than Pulis/Monk/Karanka etc and presumably with input from Bevington who is no more than just about any other Boro fan in that type of discussion.  Maybe the whole process will be different and that will in turn make the difference as to how successful we are.

I read something recently that said this will be the committee, UNLIKE with Pulis who basically ran it all himself. Think it was the Gazette, but can't remember off the top of my head.

So it isn't necessarily operating the same as before. In fact, lets be honest, we don't REALLY know how it's been operating before. We know snippets, like for example Gibson made decisions that AK either didn't want or didn't know of in the Downing signing. Pulis supposedly ran things while he was here. So this could legitimately be the first time we are actually running on a committee everyone has a say basis.

2 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Well I think that's where things have to change but if you have the same people involved then I'm just not sure whether it will change or not.  We'll see I suppose.

They're not afraid of spending decent money on the right player.. Last year they spent 10 mil on Locatelli and a few others around 5-6 mil. 

18 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

They're not afraid of spending decent money on the right player.. Last year they spent 10 mil on Locatelli and a few others around 5-6 mil. 

Fingers crossed then ?

50 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

And they’ve just sold their winger Politano to Inter for 20 million euros. 

3 hours ago, Changing Times said:

The only thing all of us can do is wait and see. I really hope this isn't a case of lip service or saying the right things to the fans and media. I hope this is a genuine shift in attitudes from top to bottom.