oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

19 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Bristol City sign Chelsea left back Jay DaSilva on 4 yr deal. I really was hoping we would make a move for him. Shame.

I think Sky said City had an option to buy in their loan agreement last season, which they have taken up. 

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

Well I'd like us to keep the majority of the squad, the only one I really want rid of is gestede as hes shown over a long period of time that he has been completely useless regardless of who his manager is.

Who do you think we should get rid of?

Braithwaite for me 

23 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

Braithwaite for me 

Braithwaite, Rudy and Marv

If someone made a decent bid and we had replacement then I would also accept bid for Flint. 

Other than that i am happy to keep rest of team and add to it.

I think we need minimum 6 new players in. (That is without flint leaving) 

44 minutes ago, Barnaby said:
7 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

Well I'd like us to keep the majority of the squad, the only one I really want rid of is gestede as hes shown over a long period of time that he has been completely useless regardless of who his manager is.

Who do you think we should get rid of?

Braithwaite for me 

Braithwaite, Gestede, Johnson & Flint, assuming we get replacements for all of them.

• Like 1

I agree in a way but also I think shotton and Clayton are important to have in the squad. Plus I think Clayton is ‘good enough’ that we could maybe avoid spending money in that area if he was to leave.

Our 4 wide positions are criminally poor and have to get full priority, now downing has left we literally don’t have a winger, it’s insanely bad. That’s not to mention we only have 1 full back.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, LinoJo3 said:

I agree in a way but also I think shotton and Clayton are important to have in the squad. Plus I think Clayton is ‘good enough’ that we could maybe avoid spending money in that area if he was to leave.

Our 4 wide positions are criminally poor and have to get full priority, now downing has left we literally don’t have a winger, it’s insanely bad. That’s not to mention we only have 1 full back.

I agree with this. Clayton & Shotton weren't particularly good last season, but they certainly weren't bad enough that we should want to sell them. 

• Like 3

Either lurker or sds said that shotton is on 30k plus a week.

I think he is okay but if that's true hes a must sell for me. Crazy amount of money for someone who doesnt do anything particularly well.

Clayton is a phenomenal holding midfielder in a team that plays to his strengths of playing good quality football, and players of his quality are in very short supply in the Championship so it would be madness to sell him. In the 2014/15 and 2015/16 season's he was without doubt the best holding midfielder in the Championship so I'm confident that he can regain that same level again once we go back to playing good quality football, which it seems Woodgate is aiming to achieve. Pulis largely bypassed midfield as we just hoofed the ball forward, so a holding midfielder like him was always going to struggle.

Yeah I'd be quite happy to let Shotton go too if his wages are as high as £30k a week as he isn't particularly good and, assuming we manage to sign a proper RB that can go forward well, he won't be a first team starter. I'm guessing that top quality Championship players like Che Adams, Neil Maupay etc will be on far less wages than Shotton's supposed £30k a week. We need to cut loads of financial inefficiency within our squad, especially among the aging players that are on big wages and are out of contract next Summer such as Shotton. Once we do that then it will make it so much easier for us to spend the freed up wages on the signings that will add more quality to our strongest starting 11. Considering the quality of players down the spine of our team I think we can easily manage to cut some inefficiencies without it having a negative impact upon our team.

• Like 1

This is the difficulty about moving forward because you really do need a spine of "experienced" players and players like Shotton and Clayton fall into this category.

My feelings about Clayton are well known and tbh if bids came in for the pair of them and they left then certainly I would shed no tears and mostly due to their performances over the last season and a half.

However I also take into account the "Pulis" factor and accept that with this strangle hold now removed then both players could become very important, Shotton more so than Clayton, whom I believe has an awful lot to do to redeem himself.

The over indulgence of negative play simply has to be removed and I do not think Clayton has that in him.

1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

This is the difficulty about moving forward because you really do need a spine of "experienced" players and players like Shotton and Clayton fall into this category.

My feelings about Clayton are well known and tbh if bids came in for the pair of them and they left then certainly I would shed no tears and mostly due to their performances over the last season and a half.

However I also take into account the "Pulis" factor and accept that with this strangle hold now removed then both players could become very important, Shotton more so than Clayton, whom I believe has an awful lot to do to redeem himself.

The over indulgence of negative play simply has to be removed and I do not think Clayton has that in him.

Clayton did look our best player against Leeds and West Brom early in the season when we were playing a fast aggressive pressing style so I definitely think he's a good fit. Neat on the ball solid in the tackle and can ping a good long pass forward.