oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

5 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

It's entirely possible SDS, it's well know that Gibson is a boro fan. But O'Neill could well not be bothered at all. And may wish to call it quits in terms of the football side of things.

He is a big boro fan but not as arsed as gibbo is

• Like 1
  • Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

He is a big boro fan but not as arsed as gibbo is

Fair enough must admit I don't know much about him. It is interesting that he is a company director of all the group companies except any of the group companies that are football related. 

1 hour ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Also anyone know if Randz travelled today?

I don’t like this question SDS. You are relatively in the know. Are you trying to tell us something?

2 hours ago, thatoldchestnut said:

Well 25 days to go and the wheeling and dealing to be done could be colossal. This no doubt will be the same through all the divisions due to the early closure of the transfer window for permanent deals and loans. It is made worse for us due to us wanting some money in before we start our dealings. I am starting to think that the outs are getting more important than the ins to be honest.

The outs are more important than the ins.  We have to reduce the salary cost of this squad somehow.  At the moment selling the likes of Wing and Fry wouldn't help much with that but would generate income that we could use to pay the wages.  That's not ideally how we'd want to deal with that problem either in a football sense or a business sense.  So we're hoping that somehow we can offload the obvious candidates.

1 hour ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Fair enough must admit I don't know much about him. It is interesting that he is a company director of all the group companies except any of the group companies that are football related. 

I think that's just because Gibson was the sole shareholder after the shares were bought back from...was it NTL or Comcast or someone?  I can't remember now.  I don't believe Michael O'Neill was ever involved with Boro so there would be no reason for him to be a director of that company and he has nothing to do with Rockliffe either other than that he is a director of the two companies that matter, Bulkhaul and Gibson O'Neill.

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

How would google know what his net worth is with any kind of accuracy? ?  I just googled it myself to see what came up and it was a load of websites that didn't have a clue what he was worth.  I doubt you're basing your opinion on that but if you don't want to say what you know then fair enough.

You are claiming to know what he didn't get and the only way to know that for certain is to know what he did get.  So either your (he didn't by the way) is no more than an opinion or you do actually know.  Either way, you are claiming to know.

I have no idea about the Holloway stuff nor am I interested in that.  Somebody on her claimed he got 8% of any transfer fees and I have no reason to believe they were making it up.  That doesn't mean it's correct of course but I'm not sure how somebody else's situation has any bearing on what our arrangement was with Pulis here.  Whatever it actually was.

That’s what I was getting at. Don’t believe everything you read on here.

Edited by ABH
3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I thought you might actually know something ?

I did say in first reply to you that I didn’t. ?

43 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

"I'm not going to waste the chairman's money" 

Sounds so much like Pulis

That's the part that worries me in that people actually do refer to it being the Chairman's money.

2 hours ago, Downsouth said:

That's the part that worries me in that people actually do refer to it being the Chairman's money.

But it is Gibbos money, isn't that the point?

Even accounting for any prem money we have had over the years , he has put loads more into the club so it seems reasonable to me that our budget is what he gives us. Tough to take when we see "inferior" clubs signing or loaning players that would help us but if it means we remain solvent then so be it.

I still think that if Woody delivers a Top 10 (or near to it) season then Gibbo might somehow find some cash for a push next season but this season is all about living to our means