Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

The EG piece on the Flint move seems to suggest Stubbs and Wood as back up, or is that just my reading of it?

"Boro will have Dani Ayala back soon from a slight knock and Dael Fry is expected to be back for the start of the season.

Ryan Shotton has played in the middle in pre-season while youngsters Sam Stubbs and Nathan Wood have also featured"

Edited by estonpidge
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I am not all, I said AK and the recruitment team as you so kindly highlighted. That includes scouts, Gary Gill, AK, Bausor and Gibson, they all didn't do enough.. our January transfer window was desperate and quite frankly embarrassing and they all have a part to play in that.

Yeah, and like I said, why are you including AK in that to any such extent as the others? From what you've said, you seem to think he's just as culpable for suggesting unrealistic targets and agreeing to deals the others have negotiated. Well how about the fact that AK had to put forward names at all?

What do our scouting team do with these lists they pull together? How many players do you get on one of these lists? How many lists do they make? How do they decide who to put on the list? I'd be interested to know.

As a combination, how does the rest of the club come into this? How do we decide which players on these lists to go for? How do we negotiate deals for players on these lists? Do we judge each situation on its merit or go in all guns blazing ala Ashley Fletcher?

Nobody is going to disagree with you that that January transfer window was a bloody farce, I have nightmares about that transfer window. But that's the last transfer window that Aitor Karanka and Victor Orta worked with us during. And we've had just as bad windows since then, not just in the 'difficult' January period but look at last summer too.

You're very keen on giving AK and whatever manager a significant chunk of the blame, a fair share, seemingly equal to the others around him involved in transfers. I disagree because as time has gone on since that transfer window, it's become increasingly clear the problem in that window wasn't in any way equally Aitor Karanka. A small portion perhaps in comparison, as it was the people who are still here, Gibson, Bausor, Gill and the rest of them. They're the common denominator between all of our recent transfers. And unlike Karanka, not one of them has been put under anywhere near the same kind of pressure that he had.

6 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

The EG piece on the Flint move seems to suggest Stubbs and Wood as back up, or is that just my reading of it?

"Boro will have Dani Ayala back soon from a slight knock and Dael Fry is expected to be back for the start of the season.

Ryan Shotton has played in the middle in pre-season while youngsters Sam Stubbs and Nathan Wood have also featured"

As it stands they are.  If we signed a defender or defenders then they'd drop down the pecking order.

5 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

The only difference is the title, Bevington oversees the scouting team and creates contacts, he then works with the manager and CEO as a wider team to make signings.

Well, no, it isn't. 

The recruitment team's job is to recruit people and get them through the door, Bausor used to do this side of things, presumably that's now Bevington's job. The scouting team's job is to provide information and targets for the recruitment team, Gary Gill heads this up.

17 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Because managers don't have time to scout every player, collate stats, go to different leagues across the world and create contacts.

Thought that would be pretty obvious

Posted 12 hours ago

12 hours ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said: 

Seems a little harsh, Pulis used to have the final say. How do we know the recruitment team under Bevington (who has only had a year in the job to put his mark on things) didn't put forward players but Pulis had his own priorities?

NeverBefore said 

Yeah If you look at the signings we made last year they all have pulis's fingerprints all over them. So I'd say well see a significant change in the kind of players we bring in. The methods behind the signing of these players may not change but the type of player certainly will.

this is what started it all off. Making out that pulis was the reason we signed McNair,Saville and flint.

How do we know these weren’t the 3 best players put forward.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Yeah, and like I said, why are you including AK in that to any such extent as the others? From what you've said, you seem to think he's just as culpable for suggesting unrealistic targets and agreeing to deals the others have negotiated. Well how about the fact that AK had to put forward names at all?

What do our scouting team do with these lists they pull together? How many players do you get on one of these lists? How many lists do they make? How do they decide who to put on the list? I'd be interested to know.

As a combination, how does the rest of the club come into this? How do we decide which players on these lists to go for? How do we negotiate deals for players on these lists? Do we judge each situation on its merit or go in all guns blazing ala Ashley Fletcher?

Nobody is going to disagree with you that that January transfer window was a bloody farce, I have nightmares about that transfer window. But that's the last transfer window that Aitor Karanka and Victor Orta worked with us during. And we've had just as bad windows since then, not just in the 'difficult' January period but look at last summer too.

You're very keen on giving AK and whatever manager a significant chunk of the blame, a fair share, seemingly equal to the others around him involved in transfers. I disagree because as time has gone on since that transfer window, it's become increasingly clear the problem in that window wasn't in any way equally Aitor Karanka. A small portion perhaps in comparison, as it was the people who are still here, Gibson, Bausor, Gill and the rest of them. They're the common denominator between all of our recent transfers. And unlike Karanka, not one of them has been put under anywhere near the same kind of pressure that he had.

I loved Karanka, I'd have had him back this summer but he was as much to blame as any of them. Managers always put forward their own ideas of players because it's they're side and they have experience and ideas of players who will fit their ideas.

I agree scouting should be putting forward players too but they collectively failed at that, which is one of the many reasons we failed so spectacularly in the prem.

1 minute ago, Will said:

Well, no, it isn't. 

The recruitment team's job is to recruit people and get them through the door, Bausor used to do this side of things, presumably that's now Bevington's job. The scouting team's job is to provide information and targets for the recruitment team, Gary Gill heads this up.

Presumably, so you're guessing?

1 minute ago, Will said:

No more than you are, you odious little man.

Oh dear, well that got childish quick. I have seen no evidence that Bevington has been or will not start making signings but if that does happen then I am happy to admit you're correct.

Let's leave it there as this is a transfer thread, so may be worth keeping it as transfer related.

UTB

2 minutes ago, Will said:

No more than you are, you odious little man.

Was just about to say how funny it is to read the forum  though at times spoilt by name calling.

Will you know better than that buddy

With all the speculation and conjecture and divided opinions prevalent at this time can I ask others if they feel that both Friend and Clayton will be more involved than the last few weeks of Pulis's reign under Woodgate?

Friend and Clayton tbh I would not miss either of them but part of me feels Clayton could become more proactive under Woodgate.

George I feel has had his day and can not see us getting too much out of him.

7 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Oh dear, well that got childish quick. I have seen no evidence that Bevington has been or will not start making signings but if that does happen then I am happy to admit you're correct.

Let's leave it there as this is a transfer thread, so may be worth keeping it as transfer related.

UTB

"Adrian joined the club in May 2018 as the managerial lead of the Recruitment department, working closely with the First Team management, Academy and CEO."

Taken from here: https://www.mfc.co.uk/adrian-bevington

1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

With all the speculation and conjecture and divided opinions prevalent at this time can I ask others if they feel that both Friend and Clayton will be more involved than the last few weeks of Pulis's reign under Woodgate?

Friend and Clayton tbh I would not miss either of them but part of me feels Clayton could become more proactive under Woodgate.

George I feel has had his day and can not see us getting too much out of him.

Judging by how he speaks of him, and his team selections thus far JW will be using Clayton as his anchor and will be one of the first names on the team sheet, George has been made captain so unless it's a backseat role captain that Grant maintained the season he wasnt playing very often I cant see him being handed it and also not being a very regular starter.

Unfortunately.