Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I loved Karanka, I'd have had him back this summer but he was as much to blame as any of them. Managers always put forward their own ideas of players because it's they're side and they have experience and ideas of players who will fit their ideas.

I agree scouting should be putting forward players too but they collectively failed at that, which is one of the many reasons we failed so spectacularly in the prem.

You seem to be equating 'putting names forward' as being responsible in any significant way for our recruitment and giving him an equal share of the blame as people whose job it is to put names forward. Maybe if our scouting department was actually any good to begin with, he wouldn't have had to put names forward at all? After half a season in the Prem, our scouts and recruitment went back to targets we'd had in the Championship, targets that didn't solve the problems we had. That's not Karanka's fault, nor is it his fault that he had no better ideas, it wasn't his job to have them. Just because managers can and do suggest targets does not at all mean they're equally responsible as those whose job it is to find targets.

5 minutes ago, Foogle said:

I've been of the opinion for a while that the majority of the accounts on here are all CT, it's his forum... we're just living in it!

And he does not even give likes to his other personas but gets them ha ha!

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, LinoJo3 said:

How could Clayton possible ‘surprise us’ haha, we know exactly how he’s going to play, they only surprise would be if he got more than 1 goal.

Not hard to do when he’s the only senior full back at the club tbf...

It’s an awkward one with the LB position.

The club wants to give the young players a chance but if we bring in a new LB that would mean Coulson/Reading struggle to get game time because they would be behind the new LB and friend.

This is probably friends last season with us. So having Coulson/Reading battling to take the LB spot off friend or show they can step up when friend leaves next summer maybe a good thing in the long run.

• Like 3

Looks like Jamal Lowe might be off to Wigan for £3m, feel like we're missing out there. It's not apparent to me whether the club are in a sell-to-buy or in a sell-to-stay-afloat mode this window.

• Sad 1
2 minutes ago, ABH said:

It’s an awkward one with the LB position.

The club wants to give the young players a chance but if we bring in a new LB that would mean Coulson/Reading struggle to get game time because they would be behind the new LB and friend.

This is probably friends last season with us. So having Coulson/Reading battling to take the LB spot off friend or show they can step up when friend leaves next summer maybe a good thing in the long run.

I think that pretty much sums it up.  We've also got other priorities when it comes to adding players this summer.

4 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Looks like Jamal Lowe might be off to Wigan for £3m, feel like we're missing out there. It's not apparent to me whether the club are in a sell-to-buy or in a sell-to-stay-afloat mode this window.

Sell to reduce the wage bill and then buy some players.