oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

10 minutes ago, king boro said:

players i think will still go braithwaite 10m mcnair 10m fry 20m randolph going to villa for 10 m thats 56 million we just got 6 m for flint 

£10m for McNair? I know you live in a very optimistic world but please behave! We paid £5m for him. His value hasn't doubled based on 7 starts for us.

• Like 1
  • Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I tell you what you've made me see the error of my ways.

Friend and Shottdinho all the way!

Ah Dan, surely it’s Friendinho and Shottdinho?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

The manager chooses the team, chooses the tactics and works with the club to find players to fit the aforementioned. The manager and recruitment come up with lists of who to pursue, unfortunately in that transfer window we chased unattainable players and then were left at the end of the window panicking when they didn't happen and we had to work through the list to find who was available.

All I have ever said is that he is part of the problem. As are any managers in charge at the time, don't get me wrong I don't rate our recruitment but the signings of all managers have had blatant emphasis from each manager.

The club has spoken about how Fletcher, Christie and Johnson were very much Monk signings which he insisted on. Do the recruitment team take the blame for them too?

Also lets not make out like our transfers are all terrible, we made a lot on Traore which the recruitment team, AK and Pulis all deserve credit for.

All I've tried to say from the start is that our premier League failure, falls at the feet of all in the club. Recruitment was only a part of it and hence why AK hasn't came out afterwards and blamed anyone. 

We didn't panic at the end of the window signing Gestede or Bamford, did we? The only real panic buy was Guedioura.

Of course the recruitment team take the blame for those 3 players, they bloody signed them. This nonsense of the club being beholden to Garry Monk's whim is exactly that, nonsense. They employ Monk, not the other way round. They also employ a team of scouts but apparently they do precisely nothing because we still need a manager to find players for us.

If they were purchasing those players purely on Monk's commands, that's still on them. It's certainly not on Monk for deciding how much we decide to pay for a player and again, if Monk said pay £6.5m for a player, that's on the club for being stupid enough to listen to him.

The failure of the Premier League season as a whole was on everyone at the top end of the club, manager included. The failure of the January transfer window was not on the manager. You keep going on about how we went after Karanka's unattainable targets, well we should have known better, we should have had targets who we were more capable of signing lined up and I'll say it again, that was not on Karanka. He shouldn't have needed to provide any targets at all. The fact he did and we went along with them does not make him all of a sudden responsible for our recruitment efforts. It was no more than an attempted favour to cover up the negligence of our scouting and recruitment departments.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Aye, that weirdo SmogDane.

I can’t exactly ban him for having two tabs open simultaneously. One with a bit of dirty housewife erotica and another with just your posts for a bit of Michael Hutchence like masochistic arousal. 

• Haha 1
25 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Aye, that weirdo SmogDane.

I say ban Changing Times for his consistent views, and not changing them with time

22 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

I can feel a ban for someone coming soon. Absolutely all over the place confused katt williams GIF

I don’t normally call for people to be banned but I agree with you on this. Every time he comes on he just spans the forum with ***.

but do we just ban CTs main account or all he’d other ones too?

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, LinoJo3 said:

Swansea got Llorente, we got Valdes and would have got Delufeou had spurs not took sissoko off Everton. Those 3 I’d say were definately attainable.

But they clearly weren't as they went elsewhere, Swansea who were an established Prem side, Valdes who gave up and did Delufeu ever look interested?

7 hours ago, Will said:

Don't get me wrong, I'd take £12m for him, I just highly doubt Villa would pay it. Especially when there's talk of Heaton being available for less...

Heard on talksport they knocked back 12mil for Heaton

49 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

We didn't panic at the end of the window signing Gestede or Bamford, did we? The only real panic buy was Guedioura.

Of course the recruitment team take the blame for those 3 players, they bloody signed them. This nonsense of the club being beholden to Garry Monk's whim is exactly that, nonsense. They employ Monk, not the other way round. They also employ a team of scouts but apparently they do precisely nothing because we still need a manager to find players for us.

If they were purchasing those players purely on Monk's commands, that's still on them. It's certainly not on Monk for deciding how much we decide to pay for a player and again, if Monk said pay £6.5m for a player, that's on the club for being stupid enough to listen to him.

The failure of the Premier League season as a whole was on everyone at the top end of the club, manager included. The failure of the January transfer window was not on the manager. You keep going on about how we went after Karanka's unattainable targets, well we should have known better, we should have had targets who we were more capable of signing lined up and I'll say it again, that was not on Karanka. He shouldn't have needed to provide any targets at all. The fact he did and we went along with them does not make him all of a sudden responsible for our recruitment efforts. It was no more than an attempted favour to cover up the negligence of our scouting and recruitment departments.

It's strange because Gibson was willing accept part of the blame but we can't include Karanka in that?

You're having a laugh if you think managers don't play a large part in suggesting and finding players. They are all football men, we aren't a European club with a coach set up and no inclusion from the coach.

This from the gazette sums it up quite well:

A collective failure

Orta was the chief architect of the summer recruitment but let’s be clear though: scouts do not sign players.

They can recommend and assess them but ultimate bringing players in is a joint enterprise. The manager has to endorse it, the chief executive has to agree the financial package and the chairman has to sign it off. It has been a collective failure.

Listening to Gibson’s assessment of the "heart-breaking" season is telling.

“We made decisions and we thought at the time we were making the right ones, but we haven’t fulfilled our objective and that tells us we have made mistakes.”