Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Randy Sandwich said:

Yeah I was trying to defend him in a way that it will go over his head - I knew i'd leave myself open but I couldn't think of another way to defend him. 

I pm'd him though so I'll sort it with him 

Ah, I see what you did there.

Very good.

6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

It was probably just a window cleaner doing his job who had no intention of jumping until you're little chat ?

You read the papers then? 

That was the day I decided to leave motivational speaking behind me. 

• Haha 1

I think if an offer of £4 Million + came in for Braithwaite we'd snap that up in an instant. His alledged huge wage off the books as well as the fee would certainly give us more wiggle room to bring in some players.

Hopefully Sociedad come back with an improved bid. He is a good player but there is way too much water under that bridge for him to be a part of the squad. 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I think if an offer of £4 Million + came in for Braithwaite we'd snap that up in an instant. His alledged huge wage off the books as well as the fee would certainly give us more wiggle room to bring in some players.

Hopefully Sociedad come back with an improved bid. He is a good player but there is way too much water under that bridge for him to be a part of the squad. 

It's a killer but you're probably right, he's probably the most talented player we have, yet his wages are just too much.

I don't blame him at all for not wanting to play for Pulis but I guess his ship has sailed and although he would probably be perfect for Woody's new philosophy, we can do so much to refresh the squad  with the weekly wage freed up and the fee incoming. 

So I'm happy if he stays but equally OK if he goes and we have new blood coming in, but I agree that we could see him go for 4-6 mil tops and onwards we go. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Randy Sandwich said:

I don't blame him at all for not wanting to play for Pulis but I guess his ship has sailed and although he would probably be perfect for Woody's new philosophy

Think he would suit a Liverpool style 4-3-3 down to the ground as one of the inside forwards. Just think the decision to get shot of him has already been made (in my opinion above Woodgate's head). Too much played out publicly last season. Also what precedent would that set to the current set of players and any future incoming players if we kept someone around after they so publicly denounced the club.

15 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Personally think the longer it goes on the less we will accept. If as I have been told the club want him gone I think he could go for around 3mil.  Honestly it destroys me when we lose massive amounts on players. 

It's very frustrating watching other teams be so competent in negotiating deals (Brentford spring to mind), but yet we are so behind. I think some of that has been down to our previous transfer strategies, for example targetting players with little to no resale value. Hopefully our shift in philosophy also includes some negotiation training too! 

35 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Think he would suit a Liverpool style 4-3-3 down to the ground as one of the inside forwards. Just think the decision to get shot of him has already been made (in my opinion above Woodgate's head). Too much played out publicly last season. Also what precedent would that set to the current set of players and any future incoming players if we kept someone around after they so publicly denounced the club.

Definitely, personally I'd love him to stay - but other than absolutely no one wanting him I don't see how he stays. 

In fairness he denounced Pulis and how Pulis treat him (or his dad or relative did) but that's still splitting the ranks and I can see why the hierarchy want rid

20 hours ago, Snowblind said:

It's an interesting thing on the youngsters...

You look back at the Robbo era and see some of the young players who gave memorable performances. Steve Baker (McManaman Man Mark, anyone?), Robbie Stockdale, Craig Harrison, Andy Campbell, Anthony Ormerod, Jason Gavin, Mark Summerbell...

How many of them did anything of note after leaving Boro? None, really... Yet they all had some decent performances and were considered 'bright young things' during that time... 

Still remember some of the Summerbell challenges in the middle of the park... ?

I do remember, How do we deal with Fowler & Owen You couldn't mark both so we cut off the supply to both,Robbo Identified McManaman,And got Steve Baker to man mark McManaman Baker got so close you'd think their ear rings were linked,It ended with McManaman kicking out at Baker and nearly getting sent off,and Fowler & Owen never got a look in

38 minutes ago, Randy Sandwich said:

Definitely, personally I'd love him to stay - but other than absolutely no one wanting him I don't see how he stays. 

In fairness he denounced Pulis and how Pulis treat him (or his dad or relative did) but that's still splitting the ranks and I can see why the hierarchy want rid

He'd easily be our best player if he was 100% committed. Frustratingly our own poor decision to pay him so well is partly to blame on trying to get rid of him.

To be honest I think most on here would agree with him regarding his Pulis comments, but as you say he very publicly split ranks.

27 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

He'd easily be our best player if he was 100% committed. Frustratingly our own poor decision to pay him so well is partly to blame on trying to get rid of him.

To be honest I think most on here would agree with him regarding his Pulis comments, but as you say he very publicly split ranks.

For me if he really was 100% committed, buys into the new club  philosophy and wants to stay - he could re-negotiate his contract, drop his wage and commit to the club, if he did that I think nearly all fans would then get behind him.