oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

Sheff Utd have done alright 'making do' with what they've got... McGoldrick and Sharp got just under 40 between them this season and cost less than McNair combined.

The most important position in the Championship is the manager.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

Sheff Utd have done alright 'making do' with what they've got... McGoldrick and Sharp got just under 40 between them this season and cost less than McNair combined.

This. 100%. Honestly I’d blow the majority of our money on persuading a good manager to come. Our squad is good, it’s got a crop of talented players in. Under a good manager players like Ayala, Fry, Howson, Wing, McNair, Tav, Britt, Fletcher can all thrive, and there’s a great spine of a team. Invest the rest of our money in good full backs and wingers, and we would genuinely have the best team in the league in my opinion.

Pulis has systematically lowered the expectations of this squad by telling the fans that the players aren’t good enough, just to spare his managerial blushes. It’s the worst sort of management, and more fool anyone that falls for it.

This. 100%. Honestly I’d blow the majority of our money on persuading a good manager to come. Our squad is good, it’s got a crop of talented players in. Under a good manager players like Ayala, Fry, Howson, Wing, McNair, Tav, Britt, Fletcher can all thrive, and there’s a great spine of a team. Invest the rest of our money in good full backs and wingers, and we would genuinely have the best team in the league in my opinion.

Pulis has systematically lowered the expectations of this squad by telling the fans that the players aren’t good enough, just to spare his managerial blushes. It’s the worst sort of management, and more fool anyone that falls for it.

Jimmy is spot on. I realise that this isn't a Pulis out thread, but the club is not going to go anywhere with him in charge - and undoing a lot of what Pulis has done to the club will be a major task of any new manager.

The squad needs to be rebalanced, would love to keep Randolf, but we're too centric focused. A couple of full/wing backs and at least 1 winger - whilst getting rid of a few would have ius challenging next year.

Massive clear outs never work.

We need to utilise the players that we have, sign a couple of extras and bring through youth players. Confidence is a major factor and tat needs to be instilled. It's not just Pulis that slags off our players, it's most of the fans too, get behind the team.

We "just" need some genuine pace and creativity in the wide areas. We know we currently don't have the manager to identify that, so thats the first change we need. The real question is, do we have to ressources to bring those in?

We need to utilise the players that we have, sign a couple of extras and bring through youth players. Confidence is a major factor and tat needs to be instilled. It's not just Pulis that slags off our players, it's most of the fans too, get behind the team.

Do you not think that Pulis’ negative comments about our players throughout the season probably fuels the discontent from the fans?

I know there’s always a few people who will slag off the players at the smallest error, but I don’t this his rhetoric helps.

We don't need to make huge changes, and that is partly down to the fact that we can't recoup nearly what we paid for Saville and Flint and I can't see anyone taking Gestede.

Keep:

Randolph

Shotton

Fry

Ayala

Flint

Saville

Howson

McNair

Wing

Tav

Assombalonga

Fletcher

The rest can go for me. Add at least two new full backs or wing backs depending on formation and two new wingers and a striker.

Do you not think that Pulis’ negative comments about our players throughout the season probably fuels the discontent from the fans?

I know there’s always a few people who will slag off the players at the smallest error, but I don’t this his rhetoric helps.

Pulis never slags downing off yet he probably gets slagged off the most on here.

I think there needs to be a significant change in emphasis of the mindset of our squad. It's not just a Pulis thing as this goes back further how we seem to just go into a default defence mode when we get a lead. Bar the cups there cant be many games that we have won by more than a 2 goal margin in the last few seasons and rarer still tried to go for a big score. Sheffield United at home, Bolton and Ipswich off the top of my head were games we could have gone for it and scored a few more. But we just eased off. When you think now goal difference is the probable outcome that will see us miss out on the play offs this season.

I dont know if it's the coaching or the players set in their ways that is the cause of this.

That’s a strange one, most fans disagree emphatically with everything that Pulis says, so it would seem strange that he would influence fans opinions of players.

Absolutely spot on you bring a manager in who starts motivating the players telling them how good they are rather than telling them they're not good enough. A good manager doesn't deflect the blame from himself and put it on the players. I wouldn't want Warnock here but he would have done a far better with this squad than Pulis. A past Boro manager who was a great motivator Bruce Rioch, a squad like this would have been promoted with Rioch in charge.

That’s a strange one, most fans disagree emphatically with everything that Pulis says, so it would seem strange that he would influence fans opinions of players.

Negativity breeds negativity, although I see your point.

Just think if we had a great motivator who instilled confidence into the players instead of berating them in public we’d have probably got promoted.

See Chris Wilder. Bang average squad, great man motivator and brought together unity without spending much at all.

All these players likely to be gone this summer and virtually all will need replacing. Dimi, Lonergan, possibly Randolph ,Mikel, Downing, Marvin Johnson, Besic, Braithwaite, Hugill, Gestede, Van la Parra.

This will need a manager and recruitment team who are creative to put us on the right track. Does it sound like the current set up???

I am glad Mr Pulis is saying how well he has done in sorting things out behind the scenes, because he has done bugger all in securing a good first team base for next season as far as I can see.

All these players likely to be gone this summer and virtually all will need replacing. Dimi, Lonergan, possibly Randolph ,Mikel, Downing, Marvin Johnson, Besic, Braithwaite, Hugill, Gestede, Van la Parra.

This will need a manager and recruitment team who are creative to put us on the right track. Does it sound like the current set up???

I am glad Mr Pulis is saying how well he has done in sorting things out behind the scenes, because he has done bugger all in securing a good first team base for next season as far as I can see.

Premier League Marvin Johnson no less...

Couldn't imagine anyone wanting to give us our money back on Flint & Saville so we're stuck with them. Randolph is far too good to be here, Its time for Downing, Friend & Clayton to move on. Besic, Hugill and Mikel will be gone and I'd only miss Mikel of those 3. Gestede should have been shipped out a long time ago. Braithwaite doesn't want to be here so we're going to have to take a hit, unless he could see a future under a different Boro manager. The player I am concerned about is Fry could we resist a good bid from a PL club for him I'm not so sure.

We know there's some good players out there in the lower divisions, Mowbray proved that, its just if our scouting and recruitment team are good enough to find them, not building my hopes up on that one.