Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

Apart from the distraction with Monk it’s all pretty quite. My take on Monk is simple and SG should take a long hard look in a mirror. SG has become fairly predictable for all the wrong reasons and the club now mirrors  his poor inept decision making. I have never been in favor of appointing Woodgate because I don’t believe he is qualified or has the experience nor strong enough to impose his objectives or leave a legacy. The sound bites from the club are simply echoed to align with what people desire because obviously they need bums on seats. Woodgate job is going to very difficult and in the early start to the season the last thing he or the club needs is supporters on there back. Woodgate and the club gets my full support and I’ll hold my opinion until after  7 to 10 games. 

1 minute ago, sanddancer said:

Apart from the distraction with Monk it’s all pretty quite. My take on Monk is simple and SG should take a long hard look in a mirror. SG has become fairly predictable for all the wrong reasons and the club now mirrors  his poor inept decision making. I have never been in favor of appointing Woodgate because I don’t believe he is qualified or has the experience nor strong enough to impose his objectives or leave a legacy. The sound bites from the club are simply echoed to align with what people desire because obviously they need bums on seats. Woodgate job is going to very difficult and in the early start to the season the last thing he or the club needs is supporters on there back. Woodgate and the club gets my full support and I’ll hold my opinion until after  7 to 10 games. 

Steve gibson is a dinosaur owner lives in the past and not the future we want a younger steve gibson again who will be ambitious again not some old steve gibson who is scrounging up the money for his retirement.

51 minutes ago, ballyclover said:

Besic and pennington from Everton doing the rounds. 12 mill for both. Think it may be rubbish but hey ho throwing it out therr

Wow, I can’t believe they’re asking £10 million for Pennington!!! ?

31 minutes ago, ABH said:

The deal we agreed for besic last season was £5m-£6m so if it’s true that would mean we are going to pay £6m-£7M for another CB

That deal for besic falling through was, in hindsight, a wonderful thing. Honestly i would not even pay half of £6-£7m for Besic. And that is not because he is not a tidy player because he is. It is just he does not really possess anything that hugely stands out from our current CMs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

That deal for besic falling through was, in hindsight, a wonderful thing. Honestly i would not even pay half of £6-£7m for Besic. And that is not because he is not a tidy player because he is. It is just he does not really possess anything that hugely stands out from our current CMs.

Leeds where after besic before we got him on loan if he goes to leeds i can see him being their best player bielsa will up him up another level 

5 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

shocked baby GIF

i have mentioned before that we have enough cbs to cover the loss of ayala and flint. Friend shotton fry mcnair if it means getting rid of ayala and flint to bring in two new fullback would you take it or would you just stick with shotton and friend as your fullbacks 

It's interesting that Adomah has been up here. Signing him would follow a short sighted strategy of signing older players on high wages that we aren't going to develop and potentially make a profit on. That really concerns me. However, signing a player of Adomah's quality would be a huge positive to us, especially considering how weak we are on the wings.

Us apparently having a serious interest in Adomah may explain why we have supposedly yet to bid on Jamal Lowe of Portsmouth, who would surely cost a good few million and would probably want a four year contract.

9 minutes ago, king boro said:

i have mentioned before that we have enough cbs to cover the loss of ayala and flint. Friend shotton fry mcnair if it means getting rid of ayala and flint to bring in two new fullback would you take it or would you just stick with shotton and friend as your fullbacks 

Personally I'd explore the loan market or sell a central midfielder. 

Of all the players you have listed I'd only consider Fry a centre back. Going into the season with one recognised central defender would be crazy! 

• Like 2