oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

1 minute ago, RiseAgainst said:

To play Candy Crush, you need more intelligence than anyone capable of signing Gestede on £30,000 a week could possibly have.

Not only that but reject a £6m offer from Leeds 6 months later!

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I agree with your concerns about the club playing a dangerous game by leaving it late but I try and balance that concern with us not adding players to be our squad who then quickly become surplus to requirements and ones we cannot shift. Ultimately ones we end up paying a wage too and then letting go for free. We seen that many times before with likes of De Pena, Guedioura, Marvin Johnson could also be in that category etc.

That said, like you and other posters I am also starting to get a little concerned but I keep trying to balance that panic with some rational thinking...the latter not being something i been overly blessed with mind.

We have people who are employed full time to work on recruitment and recruitment only so I dont think they are rocking up to work each day and just playing candy crush on their phones. I therefore do not for one second think we not got a recruitment plan in place. It is just whether it is the right plan and one we can ultimately pull off that is the key question.

I agree with you. Maddo did say on Tees that the recruitment team had watched over 900 games last season so hopefully we have identified some talent we might be able to attract. 

From a squad development point of view I hope we aren't going to utilise the loan market too much. We have 6 senior pros out of contract after this season 4 of which will probably be utilised a lot. If we have to replace them and loan players it will be like starting all over again. 

4 hours ago, Donnyboro said:

I know we’ve done a lot of ground work  on 4 young loan players from premier league clubs, pretty much everything agreed with the players/clubs! Just this year with nations league and African cup of nations the clubs need to use them in pre season more than normal. This applies to MOST clubs not just us 

Sounds promising any names/clubs

I'm still confused why our manager flew to the east coast of Italy to watch England U21s a couple of days before pre season began we've subsequently been linked to none of them and they've all been snapped up at this point except for a couple of Chelsea players. It's still 3 weeks until Luton so you wait before you hang them all out but the issue is every transfer window we seem to wait around and be 'patient' we end up with Kai Kamara, Marvin Johnson or worse like last year stumble into a loan market trying to plead with Jason Puncheon to join.

I watched a few Hibernian games late in the 2017/18 season and Kamberi really impressed me. I think I may have even mentioned his name on here at some point last Summer as a potential target. That Hibernian side had John McGinn pulling the strings in midfield and loads of movement down the wings around Kamberi, which he seemed to thrive within so maybe they changed style last season or just didn't perform as well going forward - which is likely considering the lost McGinn this Summer.

47 minutes ago, p_mards said:

I watched a few Hibernian games late in the 2017/18 season and Kamberi really impressed me. I think I may have even mentioned his name on here at some point last Summer as a potential target. That Hibernian side had John McGinn pulling the strings in midfield and loads of movement down the wings around Kamberi, which he seemed to thrive within so maybe they changed style last season or just didn't perform as well going forward - which is likely considering the lost McGinn this Summer.

Even so, that's in Scotland. Remember when Kris Boyd scored boatloads in Scotland, and then we signed him?

2 hours ago, "KM" said:

Someone who we were linked with early on in the summer.

I fear we are playing a very dangerous game by waiting until the final stages of the window to sign loans from Premier League club’s. We could very easily miss out on those signings if they choose to go elsewhere or the club decide to keep hold of them.

Yet again it feels like we have had no plan in place for the summer transfer window and are just hoping for Woodgate’s and Keane’s contacts in the game to pull something off for us. 

Just feels like nothing has changed behind the scenes. 

I don't think we're playing any game this summer.  I reckon we are desperate to move some players on and reluctant to make many signings until/unless we do.  We've signed Mejias and we apparently tried to sign Adomah.  We'll be looking at various loans from the Premier League but we have to ship out some of the players we currently have and I don't blame the club for taking that stance, if that's what they are doing.  If we can't get rid of them one way or another then we'll have to use them and not make so many other signings I guess.

26 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Even so, that's in Scotland. Remember when Kris Boyd scored boatloads in Scotland, and then we signed him?

Yeah lots of players can do well in Scotland but struggle in England, however it isn't an absolute rule. Effective scouting - something which we struggle with - should filter out the spuds like Boyd. There are still the likes of Robertson, Van Dijk, McGinn and Fraser in recent years who show that there is quality in the Scottish League so nobody from there should immediately be wrote off.

Don’t know if it was mentioned the other night but Luton’s heads of recruitment was at our game on Wednesday, wonder who they were looking at? Johnson maybe?

Of course they may of just been watching us of course but seems strange to send head of recruitment. 

Edited by CWC
31 minutes ago, CWC said:

Don’t know if it was mentioned the other night but Luton’s heads of recruitment was at our game on Wednesday, wonder how they were looking at? Johnson maybe?

Could have just been looking at us to get an idea of our formation and how we are likely to set up against them in the first game of the season.

2 hours ago, TAPOUT said:

I agree with you. Maddo did say on Tees that the recruitment team had watched over 900 games last season so hopefully we have identified some talent we might be able to attract. 

From a squad development point of view I hope we aren't going to utilise the loan market too much. We have 6 senior pros out of contract after this season 4 of which will probably be utilised a lot. If we have to replace them and loan players it will be like starting all over again. 

I think the recruitment team and Woodgate will have put the work in and identified targets but can we financially put together any deals without getting players off the wage bill first?

25 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Could have just been looking at us to get an idea of our formation and how we are likely to set up against them in the first game of the season.

probably, although you'd think the head of recruitment would be an odd one to send for that, wouldn't you?

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

probably, although you'd think the head of recruitment would be an odd one to send for that, wouldn't you?

Maybe they've already finished their recruitment and he was just sat on his hands at the office. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Brunners said:

It was Mick Harford. He was their temporary manager for the second half of last season. He would be well qualified to assess the opposition