oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

You're way too cynical for me these days Foogle.  I have to be careful to make sure that this forum doesn't bring me down.

I know, I can be a right grouch sometimes!

I'm only a youngster so don't remember anything pre-McClaren, the only time we've really been in the ascendancy in my football viewing lifetime has been Schteeve and Karanka. To be fair I'm not even being cynical, I love being the club that teams hate to play against the Riverside being viewed as a hard away day, if we had an identity I'd like it to be "built on a solid base".

• Like 1
  • Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

Another day closer to the start of the new season and still not a single outfield signing if you discount the young players who have been brought in. Someone reassure me that it's going to get better?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, ABH said:

Cheers CT I’ll have a looking when I’ve got time.

Just seen a few people saying Gibson pockets the transfer fees when talking about the possible fry transfer. With the club making a loss most years he would of had to give himself a big wage/bonus to do so.

No he doesn't pocket the transfer fees.  The total Directors Emoluments for Gibson O'Neill in the last set of accounts was just over £1m and the highest payment to a director was something between 400-500k I think.  I haven't gone through each years accounts of course but I'd be more than a little surprised if it was much different to that year on year and that's Gibson O'Neill as opposed to just MFC anyway.  I think the total amount owed by the club to the group was over £90m.

19 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Why don’t you just use the emoji tool on the side. Unless you are doing it purposely so they don’t get the ‘rep’ point for want of a better phrase 

I’m not happy with fact that that silly score count has returned 

I will only use them when a dislike button is added.  But I really do believe in replying to a person's post to show my appreciation of it.  So here you go ???

• Wow 1
7 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Another day closer to the start of the new season and still not a single outfield signing if you discount the young players who have been brought in. Someone reassure me that it's going to get better?

The fewer players that we try to sign then the fewer times we can have them stolen from under our noses and get really annoyed about it.  That has to be better.

24 minutes ago, Foogle said:

I'm only a youngster so don't remember anything pre-McClaren, the only time we've really been in the ascendancy in my football viewing lifetime has been Schteeve and Karanka. To be fair I'm not even being cynical, I love being the club that teams hate to play against, with the Riverside being viewed as a hard away day, if we had an identity I'd like it to be "built on a solid base".

Edit: I'm not sure what's gone on here...

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

The fewer players that we try to sign then the fewer times we can have them stolen from under our noses and get really annoyed about it.  That has to be better.

We need to find our new Villa, our arch nemesis as it were...

Just now, Foogle said:

We need to find our new Villa, our arch nemesis as it were...

Seems to be forest. Almost every player I've seen us credited with an interest in this summer also seem to be interesting forest, including the two benfica players they've already signed.

28 minutes ago, Foogle said:

I'm only a youngster so don't remember anything pre-McClaren, the only time we've really been in the ascendancy in my football viewing lifetime has been Schteeve and Karanka. To be fair I'm not even being cynical, I love being the club that teams hate to play against the Riverside being viewed as a hard away day, if we had an identity I'd like it to be "built on a solid base".

The start of the Robbo era for me, and i agree totally with all this our style/identity has a changed manager to manager to suit the one or two decent players we have had.  To be fair what team does has a playing idenity bar the big boys, it does my head in when people say *** like play the west ham or Tottenham way what way, a glorified 1 or 2 season purple patch 40 years ago.  I too loved going into games under Karanka thinking theres no way we losing here, bag the first goal and the games ours, ideally would like a few local lads thrown in, but the solid base has been and probably will be the our best option.  

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Ummmmmmm it is what it is ?