oneBoro Forum

Boro v Reading (h) 2-1 (Wing, Assombalonga)

That playoff place is still attainable, one last push and we could make it.

With Tony Pulis, we’re going up, with Tony Pulis we’re going up ..........

Have you given up on Brighton now that they’re getting relegated? ;)

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

We’ll be playing them in the Premier League next season, mark my words.

We’ll be playing them in the Premier League next season, mark my words.

You’d get great odds on that my friend.

My lad Daniel was in London mid evening last night and bumped into Adam Clayton and  Johnny Howson both wearing MFC tracksuits and in the company of a couple of WBA players again in tracksuits and they were attending some sort of awards evening, Clayton mentioned Pulis was also at the same venue.

However this is the ironic part both Clayton and Howson stated that the team was going to do it's  utmost to ensure victory in the last 2 games as they have not given up on the playoffs.

I mentioned to Dan that the intent  was good but how much better it would be if Clayton was not playing!

I believe we have to attack as never before if those comments can come to pass

Clayton was good up until the last game. Lay off him DS!

Do you really think that Will? I don’t think he’s been awful, but there’s a fair few games where he’s featured this year where I thought he’s been poor. He was immense for us in our promotion campaigns, but I don’t think he’s hit those heights since then personally. I know he’s got a big fan club so I’ll get pellets for saying it :)

I dont think hes been particularly good but I dont think hes been any worse than anyone else really. All our centre midfielders are essentially on the same mediocre level. Even Mikel who started well has had his dynamism coached out of him in 4 short months under pulis. Out of all the centre midfielders we have wing is the only one who offers anything significantly and consistently more than just "solid".

Reading have been playing much better recently, I know a lot of supporters and they're saying the team has finally clicked... 30 odd games too late but still.

They've taken points off Preston, Norwich, Brentford, WBA and Bristol City in their last six - most of whom did us comfortably at the Riverside. Don't put a Boro win in your accumulators.

Oh boy Reading which on the face of it and current position I guess the money would be on a win, but we are BORO and I still can’t figure out this late in the season what we are capable of or what might happen. I think we will make the playoffs again I don’t know why but there again I don’t hold out much hope of actually winning it. But who knows, I don’t.

Oh boy Reading which on the face of it and current position I guess the money would be on a win, but we are BORO and I still can’t figure out this late in the season what we are capable of or what might happen. I think we will make the playoffs again I don’t know why but there again I don’t hold out much hope of actually winning it. But who knows, I don’t.

Sanddancer, your thoughts and emotions echo mine, 

I dont know where I stand with the Boro at moment in terms of what we might do in next few weeks as far as results and achievements are concerned. Some days this week I told myself I twe can still make it and other days I tell myself even if we do what is the point as we aint doing anything even if we do get there.

As for tomorrows game I see it ending 1-1. Which totally contradicts me telling myself at times this week we can still make the play offs. However, I have given up trying to understand myself as far as boro are concerned so I dont expect anyone else to understand me

Baby sat last night and the granddaughter would not settle and this morning at 6am it’s raining. I’m on a slim fast diet which in all honesty I should have started 3 years ago because to get back to being JUST fat will take around 12 weeks and that’s if all goes well. I have the taxman chasing me for 2 years tax returns and a trapped nerve in my back and to top it off I’m in the UK as my contract is terminated. So will the BORO lift my spirits today he asks why heading for the Valium?

My lad Daniel was in London mid evening last night and bumped into Adam Clayton and  Johnny Howson both wearing MFC tracksuits and in the company of a couple of WBA players again in tracksuits and they were attending some sort of awards evening, Clayton mentioned Pulis was also at the same venue.

However this is the ironic part both Clayton and Howson stated that the team was going to do it's  utmost to ensure victory in the last 2 games as they have not given up on the playoffs.

I mentioned to Dan that the intent  was good but how much better it would be if Clayton was not playing!

No he hasn’t. He offers nothing. Has become a standard championship midfielder with very little impact.

No he hasn’t. He offers nothing. Has become a standard championship midfielder with very little impact.

I feel Clayton has had little impact on Boro games all season.

This is not down to him before Pulis arrived we were seeing him in a more attacking role and he and Leadbitter were producing the goods for the forwards. Now he plays the ball square and back which obviously is the orders from Pulis.

Perhaps next season if Pulis is gone we may see Clayton start producing again,if he can get out of the habit's that Pulis as installed in him that is.

I feel Clayton has had little impact on Boro games all season.

This is not down to him before Pulis arrived we were seeing him in a more attacking role and he and Leadbitter were producing the goods for the forwards. Now he plays the ball square and back which obviously is the orders from Pulis.

Perhaps next season if Pulis is gone we may see Clayton start producing again,if he can get out of the habit's that Pulis as installed in him that is.

Then why does Pulis constantly shout at him to get forward during games?