oneBoro Forum

Boro v Reading (h) 2-1 (Wing, Assombalonga)

It all started in the premier .. Forshaw played well in a few games and Clayton was the max defensive one of the two... He never changed back from that .. Sideways and backwards... Forshaw turned (via the Forshaw spin) into the exact same defensive ***e...

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

My lad Daniel was in London mid evening last night and bumped into Adam Clayton and  Johnny Howson both wearing MFC tracksuits and in the company of a couple of WBA players again in tracksuits and they were attending some sort of awards evening, Clayton mentioned Pulis was also at the same venue.

However this is the ironic part both Clayton and Howson stated that the team was going to do it's  utmost to ensure victory in the last 2 games as they have not given up on the playoffs.

I mentioned to Dan that the intent  was good but how much better it would be if Clayton was not playing!

I believe we have to attack as never before if those comments can come to pass

Clayton was good up until the last game. Lay off him DS!

No he hasn’t. He offers nothing. Has become a standard championship midfielder with very little impact.

I feel Clayton has had little impact on Boro games all season.

This is not down to him before Pulis arrived we were seeing him in a more attacking role and he and Leadbitter were producing the goods for the forwards. Now he plays the ball square and back which obviously is the orders from Pulis.

Perhaps next season if Pulis is gone we may see Clayton start producing again,if he can get out of the habit's that Pulis as installed in him that is.

Then why does Pulis constantly shout at him to get forward during games?

Well for what I have seen Clayton is cocking a deaf un and not taking a blind bit of notice of Pulis if that is the case.  :)

My lad Daniel was in London mid evening last night and bumped into Adam Clayton and  Johnny Howson both wearing MFC tracksuits and in the company of a couple of WBA players again in tracksuits and they were attending some sort of awards evening, Clayton mentioned Pulis was also at the same venue.

However this is the ironic part both Clayton and Howson stated that the team was going to do it's  utmost to ensure victory in the last 2 games as they have not given up on the playoffs.

I mentioned to Dan that the intent  was good but how much better it would be if Clayton was not playing!

I believe we have to attack as never before if those comments can come to pass

Clayton was good up until the last game. Lay off him DS!

No he hasn’t. He offers nothing. Has become a standard championship midfielder with very little impact.

I feel Clayton has had little impact on Boro games all season.

This is not down to him before Pulis arrived we were seeing him in a more attacking role and he and Leadbitter were producing the goods for the forwards. Now he plays the ball square and back which obviously is the orders from Pulis.

Perhaps next season if Pulis is gone we may see Clayton start producing again,if he can get out of the habit's that Pulis as installed in him that is.

Clayton in a more attacking role is like a duck out of water, I can't remember the last time Clayton had a shot on target let alone scored, or created anything in midfield. When Clayton has the ball he's looking for a CB rather than the player in front of him. Clayton's been a good signing but like a few more in this squad he's had his time here, time for him to move on.

Didn't expect to see wing again this season. Thought he was injured

He probably isn’t ready but Pulis will be desperate to do something the fans like

Didn't expect to see wing again this season. Thought he was injured

He probably isn’t ready but Pulis will be desperate to do something the fans like

Damned if you do, damned if you dont