oneBoro Forum

Boro v Rotherham (a) 1-2 (Assombalonga, Mikel)

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Pukki scored yet again. Why do we never find players like that?

To be fair, I think there would have been hell on if we signed Pukki for a free in the summer. Difference if they’ve developed a system that works, and a good manager that can get the best out the players.

To be fair, I think there would have been hell on if we signed Pukki for a free in the summer. Difference if they’ve developed a system that works, and a good manager that can get the best out the players.

I'd have just been celebrating the fact that our scouts actually do know that theres football outside of England, because I'm unsure that they do!

I'd have just been celebrating the fact that our scouts actually do know that theres football outside of England, because I'm unsure that they do!

To be honest, I am really surprised by his performances. He was good in the Danish Superliga, but not spectacular. Brøndby fans will say otherwise, but I did not see anything special about him. 

He scored sub-10 goals in his first two seasons, then 20 and 17 goals. Normally, that does not translate to 20-30 goals in the Championship, where the level is much higher. Kenneth Zohore and Simon Makienok both performed atrociously in the Championship. Braithwaite is way too good for the Danish Superliga, and people thought he was .. not good enough.