oneBoro Forum

Boro v Rotherham (a) 1-2 (Assombalonga, Mikel)

Has Pulis been interviewed after the game?

From Twitter:

Pulis tells @bbcteessport he’s ‘desperately disappointed’.

Didn’t bite on his future, again said he’ll sit down with Steve Gibson and discuss what happens next.

Claims finishing seventh this season is a better achievement than fifth last year.

He’s talking to written press now.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

From Twitter:

Didn’t bite on his future, again said he’ll sit down with Steve Gibson and discuss what happens next.

Claims finishing seventh this season is a better achievement than fifth last year.

absolute ***ing drivel.

From Twitter:

Ok, what?

From Twitter:

I thought it might be  :)

I'm sure he'll be spinning it to make it sound like he's done a great job despite having to sell loads of players.

The sad thing is our chairman probably believes it as well.

I'm sure he'll be spinning it to make it sound like he's done a great job despite having to sell loads of players.

The sad thing is our chairman probably believes it as well.

It’s his usual deflection technique. Squad apparently isn’t good enough. Not his fault.

Anyone that actually wants Pulis managing the club next season, I’d love to actually hear the reasoning, other than the worry that saying anything negative about the club will result in you losing you’re ‘Superfan’ status.

Been a while but I didn't want him out at the time I last posted mid-January. I think every manager needs to be given their chance and we had at least been hovering around the top 6 for most the season. Lot of good players in the squad despite the overall lack of balance and need for wide players, there's more than enough that this team should have finished top 6 with any decent manager.

Pulis failed to do that and certainly assuming this is the end of his contract, we should be letting him go. If we have to cut our cloth and need to make changes financially then he should be part of that before we even consider the job he's failed to do. And that is a failure. Scraping into the top 6 by the skin of your teeth is bad enough, losing out is undeniably terrible and I think you'd be hard pushed to find anyone who would be loyal to Pulis, certainly now our fate is confirmed. He hasn't got the results with a good squad, committing to more time working with him sounds like a very bad idea.

I've no hard feelings for him mind, I don't feel anything for him. I just think it's time to move on, he had a go, we paid a lot of money to give him that chance here and he failed.

As for me, managed to juggle the finances around the Early Bird and I'm getting my first season ticket for 2019/20. Gonna be there with my best mate, his missus and his brother. I thoroughly understand why some chose not to re-commit after however long you've been doing so and waiting to see how the post-season goes before thinking about it again. And I know plenty will think me mad, it certainly is a funny time to commit given the uncertainty and the disappointment of this season. But I have wanted to be in the position to go every week since I was a kid and I'm looking forward to it. Here's hoping we have a team we can all be proud of again come August.

UTB

Anyone that actually wants Pulis managing the club next season, I’d love to actually hear the reasoning, other than the worry that saying anything negative about the club will result in you losing you’re ‘Superfan’ status.

Been a while but I didn't want him out at the time I last posted mid-January. I think every manager needs to be given their chance and we had at least been hovering around the top 6 for most the season. Lot of good players in the squad despite the overall lack of balance and need for wide players, there's more than enough that this team should have finished top 6 with any decent manager.

Pulis failed to do that and certainly assuming this is the end of his contract, we should be letting him go. If we have to cut our cloth and need to make changes financially then he should be part of that before we even consider the job he's failed to do. And that is a failure. Scraping into the top 6 by the skin of your teeth is bad enough, losing out is undeniably terrible and I think you'd be hard pushed to find anyone who would be loyal to Pulis, certainly now our fate is confirmed. He hasn't got the results with a good squad, committing to more time working with him sounds like a very bad idea.

I've no hard feelings for him mind, I don't feel anything for him. I just think it's time to move on, he had a go, we paid a lot of money to give him that chance here and he failed.

As for me, managed to juggle the finances around the Early Bird and I'm getting my first season ticket for 2019/20. Gonna be there with my best mate, his missus and his brother. I thoroughly understand why some chose not to re-commit after however long you've been doing so and waiting to see how the post-season goes before thinking about it again. And I know plenty will think me mad, it certainly is a funny time to commit given the uncertainty and the disappointment of this season. But I have wanted to be in the position to go every week since I was a kid and I'm looking forward to it. Here's hoping we have a team we can all be proud of again come August.

UTB

Bloody hell, where did you spring from?  :)

I was at the game today and for me the biggest issue that stays with me is Mr Pulis not coming out at the end! Absolutely shocking. All the players saying their farewells after a slog of a season and he is not to be seen. Good/bad response he should have been addressing the away support.

My problem with this club now is I have never felt as a fan so discountected with the management team and lost the ‘all in it together feeling’

Of course it’s a better achievement finishing seventh this season with all the work he’s had to put in behind the scenes at all other aspects of the club. He will barely have had any time to concentrate on the football so it’s certainly not his fault that we are a crap team.