oneBoro Forum

Boro v Rotherham (a) 1-2 (Assombalonga, Mikel)

I was at the game today and for me the biggest issue that stays with me is Mr Pulis not coming out at the end! Absolutely shocking. All the players saying their farewells after a slog of a season and he is not to be seen. Good/bad response he should have been addressing the away support.

My problem with this club now is I have never felt as a fan so discountected with the management team and lost the ‘all in it together feeling’

Same here, and that's with the chairman as well as the manager. If I found he was selling up I'd have more hope than I have now.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

not sure he wasted our transfer budget, not in the same way as Monk anyway.....

Really? I'd argue Monks signings were way better than Pulis.

Monk spent 50 millions on his players so they should be very good ;)

Congratulations to Norwich and Sheff U, great performances from two unfancied sides who have played some really entertaining football this season. Also to the four play off clubs who in my opinion deserve their positions far more than we do. I can only hope that we can unite as a club next season under a progressive manager and that one day I can sit next to Blanco and we can agree that our manager is doing a great job. At least the seasons not over for me as I have tickets for both of the Villa WBA semi final ties

I look forward to that day pikerman. Enjoy the semis mate

Really? I'd argue Monks signings were way better than Pulis.

Monk spent 50 millions on his players so they should be very good ;)

Monk asked for players, the idiots at the club payed the inflated fees and wages

Anyone that actually wants Pulis managing the club next season, I’d love to actually hear the reasoning, other than the worry that saying anything negative about the club will result in you losing you’re ‘Superfan’ status.

Been a while but I didn't want him out at the time I last posted mid-January. I think every manager needs to be given their chance and we had at least been hovering around the top 6 for most the season. Lot of good players in the squad despite the overall lack of balance and need for wide players, there's more than enough that this team should have finished top 6 with any decent manager.

Pulis failed to do that and certainly assuming this is the end of his contract, we should be letting him go. If we have to cut our cloth and need to make changes financially then he should be part of that before we even consider the job he's failed to do. And that is a failure. Scraping into the top 6 by the skin of your teeth is bad enough, losing out is undeniably terrible and I think you'd be hard pushed to find anyone who would be loyal to Pulis, certainly now our fate is confirmed. He hasn't got the results with a good squad, committing to more time working with him sounds like a very bad idea.

I've no hard feelings for him mind, I don't feel anything for him. I just think it's time to move on, he had a go, we paid a lot of money to give him that chance here and he failed.

As for me, managed to juggle the finances around the Early Bird and I'm getting my first season ticket for 2019/20. Gonna be there with my best mate, his missus and his brother. I thoroughly understand why some chose not to re-commit after however long you've been doing so and waiting to see how the post-season goes before thinking about it again. And I know plenty will think me mad, it certainly is a funny time to commit given the uncertainty and the disappointment of this season. But I have wanted to be in the position to go every week since I was a kid and I'm looking forward to it. Here's hoping we have a team we can all be proud of again come August.

UTB

Good to see you back on the forum Wilson. Fair play on the season ticket. Pleased for you. Hopefully it will be a good one

Who are you moaning at? People slagging Pulis off or people slagging the players off? Or are you happy with everything?

Most people on here are unhappy at the utter *** we’ve watched all season for nothing. Pulis came in mere months after we were aiming to smash the league yet now we can’t criticise not even making the playoffs?

By far the worst season of my life as a Boro fan. If Pulis is here next season the crowd will be 10k regardless of the season ticket figures.

This. Dz what is your problem we ain't being miserable for the sake of it. This season has been horrible and people are rightly peed off.

People taking inflatable dinosaurs to matches is my problem. It's ridiculous, makes the fans look ridiculous, and makes the club look ridiculous.

My problem with people on here are those who take the opportunity to slag off Pulis every single chance they get, even if it's not about the man they'll happily drop his name into their post along with some hilariously original insult like "Dinosaur" or "Orc"

I thought this was OneBoro not FMTTM.

Well Pulis has blown a good chance of promotion, completely wasted our transfer transfer budget, played the worst football imaginable and drove away thousands of fans. But those inflatable dinosaurs are what’s bothering me too

Over 15 million on Saville, Flint and McNair seems a waste to me

This. Dz what is your problem we ain't being miserable for the sake of it. This season has been horrible and people are rightly peed off.

People taking inflatable dinosaurs to matches is my problem. It's ridiculous, makes the fans look ridiculous, and makes the club look ridiculous.

My problem with people on here are those who take the opportunity to slag off Pulis every single chance they get, even if it's not about the man they'll happily drop his name into their post along with some hilariously original insult like "Dinosaur" or "Orc"

Well Pulis has blown a good chance of promotion, completely wasted our transfer transfer budget, played the worst football imaginable and drove away thousands of fans. But those inflatable dinosaurs are what’s bothering me too

About 20 million between them. Add a 2 million loan fee and Prem wages for Hugill and you have the worst transfer window in a long time.

About 20 million between them. Add a 2 million loan fee and Prem wages for Hugill and you have the worst transfer window in a long time.

I'd love to know how much Mikel is on a week too.

That one is a little different because he's the best player on the park week in and week out basically, he's worth every penny IMO.

Never thought I'd be saying this but if Gibson hasn't got the vision, ambition and direction to take this club forward then though his been a brilliant chairman/owner perhaps its time to hand over the reigns to someone else. I have felt for a long time that its not just a case of Gibson making poor decisions but that he really has ran out of ideas and that's t a sad time. I would love Steve to prove me wrong but I can't see it happening, we are a club going backwards.

Mikel turned out like a few of us said he would in January, a good holding midfielder but overall a pointless signing.

I agree good signing if you've got creative players in front of you, but as usual we needed creativity that once again wasn't forthcoming.

That one is a little different because he's the best player on the park week in and week out basically, he's worth every penny IMO.

I just thought we were skint and cost cutting - hes been class and if he had helped get us into play offs / promotion I'd agree, but we might as well be 17th and saved the money - didn't he originally want 135k a week and we said no but then Pulis went to his house, banged on the patio doors and made him an offer he obviously accepted? I just wonder how much it was and if it could have been used elsewhere.

Maybe this isn't the time for it but wanted to stop by and say sorry your team missed out on a play-off place today. If Derby had lost or drawn their game you would have made it but you did what you had to do and finished the season on a victory.

Can see one or two angry responses in the above posts and saying it's been a terrible season but from a neutral viewpoint you've done well to take it to the final afternoon. Just remember you were in a position at start of play where a lot of other clubs would give their right arm for. A chance is better than no chance at all. We won't be playing you next season obviously but hope to make it back sometime soon.