oneBoro Forum

Boro v Rotherham (a) 1-2 (Assombalonga, Mikel)

Maybe this isn't the time for it but wanted to stop by and say sorry your team missed out on a play-off place today. If Derby had lost or drawn their game you would have made it but you did what you had to do and finished the season on a victory.

Can see one or two angry responses in the above posts and saying it's been a terrible season but from a neutral viewpoint you've done well to take it to the final afternoon. Just remember you were in a position at start of play where a lot of other clubs would give their right arm for. A chance is better than no chance at all. We won't be playing you next season obviously but hope to make it back sometime soon.

Thanks bud. Don't think many of us really expected to get into the play offs going into today. At least it was interesting to the last game for us.

Good luck for next season. Shame to lose Ipswich from the Championship. Weren't you the team that had been in the championship for the longest?

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Tractors Stopping by. Thank you. Very kind of you to take time out to send the message you did.

Hope you storm league 1 next season pal and come back up. Albeit I hope we aren't playing each other the season after next.

A few random takeaways from today and the last few weeks:

Paddy McNair looks a better centre back than both Flint and Shotton

Shotton looks very poor outside of right-back and always has a mistake in him

Randolph's save from the header was unbelievable - if any of the top 4 Prem keepers did that on Sky they'd be calling it the best save of all time

We have so many players that need moving on, I don't know how they're possibly going to get it all done over one summer, with a limited budget for replacements

A few key players like Ayala are in their contracts last year, big decision will need to be taken on those this summer aswell

Over 15 million on Saville, Flint and McNair seems a waste to me

About 20 million between them. Add a 2 million loan fee and Prem wages for Hugill and you have the worst transfer window in a long time.

I'd love to know how much Mikel is on a week too.

That one is a little different because he's the best player on the park week in and week out basically, he's worth every penny IMO.

I just thought we were skint and cost cutting - hes been class and if he had helped get us into play offs / promotion I'd agree, but we might as well be 17th and saved the money - didn't he originally want 135k a week and we said no but then Pulis went to his house, banged on the patio doors and made him an offer he obviously accepted? I just wonder how much it was and if it could have been used elsewhere.

Pulis asked for players, the idiots at the club payed the inflated fees and wages

About 20 million between them. Add a 2 million loan fee and Prem wages for Hugill and you have the worst transfer window in a long time.

That one is a little different because he's the best player on the park week in and week out basically, he's worth every penny IMO.

I just thought we were skint and cost cutting - hes been class and if he had helped get us into play offs / promotion I'd agree, but we might as well be 17th and saved the money - didn't he originally want 135k a week and we said no but then Pulis went to his house, banged on the patio doors and made him an offer he obviously accepted? I just wonder how much it was and if it could have been used elsewhere.

Pulis asked for players, the idiots at the club payed the inflated fees and wages

Yep, that's how it works - I'd still like to know how much the club are paying him during our cost cutting though. It was Pulis who said he banged on his patio doors and talked him into coming - not me.

A few random takeaways from today and the last few weeks:

Paddy McNair looks a better centre back than both Flint and Shotton

Shotton looks very poor outside of right-back and always has a mistake in him

Randolph's save from the header was unbelievable - if any of the top 4 Prem keepers did that on Sky they'd be calling it the best save of all time

We have so many players that need moving on, I don't know how they're possibly going to get it all done over one summer, with a limited budget for replacements

A few key players like Ayala are in their contracts last year, big decision will need to be taken on those this summer aswell

On the way out IMO

Randolph

Lonergan

Dimi

Shotton

Ayala

Friend

Besic

Clayton

Mikel

Britt

Rudy

Hugill

Yep, that's how it works - I'd still like to know how much the club are paying him during our cost cutting though. It was Pulis who said he banged on his patio doors and talked him into coming - not me.

TP is 2.5mil per season I think.

Mikel looking at 60k a week give or take

:omg: :omg: :omg:

:omg: :omg: :omg:

Thankyou, cost cutting at its best, if we'd have got into the play offs, even promoted I'd say money well spent - but we didn't.

At least Tony's fraud case is settled without hurting his retirement fund

Good to finish with a win away from home but not so good to still have that feeling of 'MEH'. :sleepy:

Hoping for some significant changes over the summer that will rejuvenate that match day feeling.

C'mon Boro. Onward and upward.

For me the thing that im dreading is, for how long have we been saying the squad needs this player and that player and we have never really added to it with any real quality. And now im guessing the pot in almost empty and apart from one or two we need a major rebuild. And we dont have a manager that can sort this.

Thanks to all who took part in authoring this seasons match day threads, pity SmogDane did not get the chance to author all the way to Wembley, some very inventive approaches done this season especially Smogdane and Boro_Unger.

I wonder if Pulis does go whether or not the accents will change next season?

Thanks to all who took part in authoring this seasons match day threads, pity SmogDane did not get the chance to author all the way to Wembley, some very inventive approaches done this season especially Smogdane and Boro_Unger.

I wonder if Pulis does go whether or not the accents will change next season?

Big Big changes are needed next season,, But i cant see much changing. And thats the part that worry's me.