• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know about anyone else but I got a phone call from the club today asking why I hadn't renewed. Made it very clear that it was solely down to one man.

Wonder if they're canvassing opinion before making a decision before the end of the month?

Had you completed the emailed survey Will?

The club sent me an email today with a linked survey asking for the reason(s) I hadn't renewed. I also said it was down to Tony Pulis. A further question asked what the club could do to get me back onside. Of course my answer is obvious!

On the basis of your experience Will I'm fully expecting a phone call from Gibbo tomorrow :cheese:

Don't know about anyone else but I got a phone call from the club today asking why I hadn't renewed. Made it very clear that it was solely down to one man.

Wonder if they're canvassing opinion before making a decision before the end of the month?

The club sent me an email today with a linked survey asking for the reason(s) I hadn't renewed. I also said it was down to Tony Pulis. A further question asked what the club could do to get me back onside. Of course my answer is obvious!

On the basis of your experience Will I'm fully expecting a phone call from Gibbo tomorrow :cheese:

Didn't see this before I posted on the Manager Thread but I had that survey today and I answered pretty much along the same lines as you

Just had the same email and I gave a similar response to the survey as you. I also cited the price increase as being an insult after the season we've just watched.

No I never got an emailed one, don't know if it got caught by a spam filter or if I'm just too special so they have to speak to me in person.

No I never got an emailed one, don't know if it got caught by a spam filter or if I'm just too special so they have to speak to me in person.

Maybe the people who have already contacted the club such as yourself get the personal touch as a sweetener?

I didn’t renew, and haven’t got an email. Cheeky gets!

They don't want you mackems in the ground! :P

I did raise an eyebrow on the other thread when Jimmy agreed that Boro was a ***hole.  He must walk around at home with his eyes closed  :P

I didn’t renew, and haven’t got an email. Cheeky gets!

They don't want you mackems in the ground! :P

I did raise an eyebrow on the other thread when Jimmy agreed that Boro was a ***hole.  He must walk around at home with his eyes closed  :P

:D

I don’t think many a manager would make much of a difference the change MUST come from SG and the club itself. SG either commits or goes and the club needs fumigating before starting again. As for Woodgate, don’t make me laugh. The club is in s@@t and some want a tea person to come in and sort it out, definitely not. I believe we are becoming a club not many want to manage and only the lure of top money would drag someone respectful here.

I don’t think many a manager would make much of a difference the change MUST come from SG and the club itself. SG either commits or goes and the club needs fumigating before starting again. As for Woodgate, don’t make me laugh. The club is in s@@t and some want a tea person to come in and sort it out, definitely not. I believe we are becoming a club not many want to manage and only the lure of top money would drag someone respectful here.

Slightly over dramatic. We’re still a very attractive club and certainly outside the premier league. Any manager coming in would get a lot of leeway with the fans if he adopts a more adventurous approach than the previous manager a lot of fans despise.

We have a decent squad that requires a bit of rebuilding but unless a manager is told there is no money and he has to sell anyone with value we should still have a lot of pull outside the top leagues. Any new manager should look at this team and aim for top 6 with a bit of change of squad dynamics. We have the bread a butter of a decent team but need to add a bit of pace and creativity. Not an impossible job for anyone with a bit of imagination.

Slightly over dramatic. We’re still a very attractive club and certainly outside the premier league. Any manager coming in would get a lot of leeway with the fans if he adopts a more adventurous approach than the previous manager a lot of fans despise.

We have a decent squad that requires a bit of rebuilding but unless a manager is told there is no money and he has to sell anyone with value we should still have a lot of pull outside the top leagues. Any new manager should look at this team and aim for top 6 with a bit of change of squad dynamics. We have the bread a butter of a decent team but need to add a bit of pace and creativity. Not an impossible job for anyone with a bit of imagination.

Borodane the point I wanted to make is not so much as the players, they will come and go, but SG must commit and give direction and it’s obvious club management are not very professional, hence a clean out. The second point I was making was reference to management turnover and lack of funding and the need to pay handsomely to get someone to buy in. I see what you state and can’t disagree but I’ll stick to what I said about Woodgate.