• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree with his entire footballing philosophy and have been sat patiently waiting for the day when he left. Setting up not to lose every game is depressing and cowardly... getting dumped out of both cups by no-hopers just sums him up. Yeah we might have got stuffed by City, but who cares? Love these quotes from Bill Nicholson and Danny Blanchflower:

“It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have

set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory.”

“The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom”

Glorious failure.... that's the Boro that I fell in love with. The team that loses cup finals, gets relegated, signs mavericks... was always fun and could always be proud whatever the result. Here's hoping we get a man in with a vision of glory - whether we achieve it or not is immaterial!

I disagree with his entire footballing philosophy and have been sat patiently waiting for the day when he left. Setting up not to lose every game is depressing and cowardly... getting dumped out of both cups by no-hopers just sums him up. Yeah we might have got stuffed by City, but who cares? Love these quotes from Bill Nicholson and Danny Blanchflower:

“It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have

set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory.”

“The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom”

Glorious failure.... that's the Boro that I fell in love with. The team that loses cup finals, gets relegated, signs mavericks... was always fun and could always be proud whatever the result. Here's hoping we get a man in with a vision of glory - whether we achieve it or not is immaterial!

Great post and love that 2nd quote.

As a fan who pays to watch I’ve honestly never understood those who say they don’t care about the football just the result. I also care about what we have to pay to sit and watch, I want the drama and excitement and can take the late equalisers/loses that come along with that. As long as at the end of the game you can’t help but clap the team off as we gave it everything we had.