oneBoro Forum

Women's World Cup "Stage One".

I was going to take part in this but you made it too complicated (for me) I could just cut and paste other predictions but I don’t feel that’s in the correct spirit. So for that reason I’m out ?

6 minutes ago, Uwe said:

I was going to take part in this but you made it too complicated (for me) I could just cut and paste other predictions but I don’t feel that’s in the correct spirit. So for that reason I’m out ?

I just guessed numbers, I haven't actually even taken into account how good the teams are compared to each other.

3 hours ago, Uwe said:

I did state in the beginning that this was just a fun thing more to wet the appetites of any that are looking to post because they are bored and there is no footy at present.

Also it was to see if any one wanted to get some idea of what its like predicting and maybe they will sign up for the coming season, we need a few more new face's.

Yes I must admit if you look at it in a competitive way it does look complicated.

I know I could have just put H/A/D required but I thought because everyone would more than likely predict the same there would have to be the little extras so that deciding points can be scored.

Not many predicted 4 goals yesterday, everyone predicted no red cards every one predicted a home win.

Who would have thought we would see a game with no yellow cards at all.

The women's game is new to us all and I am going to try and watch some of the games and get behind this England team and Scotland .

In the meantime I will also do a little predicting to make it more interesting,because lets face it if it's all going to be like the first game where no one is going to break anybody's legs and cause any fights it could be a really boring world cup. 

Just in case you are wondering where I get the stat's from its BBC Sports.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48548113

Hey its just a bit of fun thats all.

firstly MM i appreciate the great job youre doing with the prediction leagues . i know how time consuming it is and can fully get you ,as im of similar level of inabilaty to keep up with the techy bits lol.  just on this compo  ,i know that from my own experience doing my predictions maybe there was a few too many columns  to predict  and it was a bit of a chore so i can see why maybe some didnt commit.  the first few columns where absolutely fine (H,A, D,  TOTAL GOALS ,RED/YELLOW CARDS) BUT then it got tediuos  with the corners,shots and fouls.  please take this as constructive critisism mate.  what your doing is  well appreciated and hugely enjoyable .

1 hour ago, Essuuaitch said:

firstly MM i appreciate the great job youre doing with the prediction leagues . i know how time consuming it is and can fully get you ,as im of similar level of inabilaty to keep up with the techy bits lol.  just on this compo  ,i know that from my own experience doing my predictions maybe there was a few too many columns  to predict  and it was a bit of a chore so i can see why maybe some didnt commit.  the first few columns where absolutely fine (H,A, D,  TOTAL GOALS ,RED/YELLOW CARDS) BUT then it got tediuos  with the corners,shots and fouls.  please take this as constructive critisism mate.  what your doing is  well appreciated and hugely enjoyable .

Totally understandable what is being said and I agree.

In my favour I believe I may have got carried away with the idea of it being a knockout competition not a league based one where there had to be a decider on the day. I did intentionally start it off as a knockout but realising there weren't enough players switched it to a league comp: and never thought to cut down the predictions.

Also if I am honest I find them so much easier than the minutes goals are scored or closest time.

Has you can see the BBC Sport are showing these stats after the game and I thought yes that would make my life so much easier.

But I will take it on board 

I do apologise to those that were looking forward to predicting but like you say found it a little to tedious.  (My bad)

In the case of the new tech SWH  I must admit the more I use the board the more it is starting to feel more comfortable. ?

MM

• Like 1