• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi everyone. Norwegian Boro supporter since 1995 checking in 👋  Been reading this forum for quite a while, but decided to register, having some questions about my upcoming Teesside trip in 3 week

Back from the depths of the bad mental health cave, you might have forgotten who I am. 😂

Hi. Joined a few  of days ago to offer my respects for Spike, and thought I might stick around. I come in peace, honestly, and won't be posting rival *** to *** everyone off, just interested

Posted Images

Hi everyone. I am a long term lurker on all 3 Boro "main" forums and decided that Oneboro is probably the safest haven for me (I do not really have an opinion on politics etc  and the other boards sometimes appear top heavy with that topic).

My 1st memory of a Boro game was a FA cup replay against Wolves at Ayresome Park in 1981.

I remember being scared when my dad got separated from me into a different queue because it was heaving.

I mean i was only 27.  (I do enjoy humour btw), i was really 9.

I look forward to getting stuck into some serious Boro talk. 

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Itsmenotyou said:

Hi everyone. I am a long term lurker on all 3 Boro "main" forums and decided that Oneboro is probably the safest haven for me (I do not really have an opinion on politics etc  and the other boards sometimes appear top heavy with that topic).

My 1st memory of a Boro game was a FA cup replay against Wolves at Ayresome Park in 1981.

I remember being scared when my dad got separated from me into a different queue because it was heaving.

Welcome!

6 hours ago, Itsmenotyou said:

Indeed welcome an I was at that game ened up 1-1 and I took my ex brother in law to see his first game at Wolves for the replay.

A certain Andy Gray got on the score sheet

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2020 at 7:03 AM, Downsouth said:

Indeed welcome an I was at that game ened up 1-1 and I took my ex brother in law to see his first game at Wolves for the replay.

A certain Andy Gray got on the score sheet

Sky Sports has never been as good since Andy Gray was sacked. Great player, great co-commentator, great tactical analyst.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all. 

Please could someone give me a brief update on the strengths and weaknesses of our current squad? 

Unfortunately I've been away from Teesside for a number of years. I was living down in Sheffield until recently. 

Many thanks 

40 minutes ago, Richard said:

Hi all. 

Please could someone give me a brief update on the strengths and weaknesses of our current squad? 

Unfortunately I've been away from Teesside for a number of years. I was living down in Sheffield until recently. 

Many thanks 

We're pretty good at defending but not very good at scoring.

Be better with a modern day Ripley and Wilkinson, they are the type of players we are missing. there are a lot of lads who are beginning to show their true ability but at moment the main thing we seem to lack is a consistent aerial threat

22 hours ago, Old Codger said:

Be better with a modern day Ripley and Wilkinson, they are the type of players we are missing. there are a lot of lads who are beginning to show their true ability but at moment the main thing we seem to lack is a consistent aerial threat

I like speedy wingers, but as for aerial threat, I prefer us to keep the ball on the ground in windy conditions. Similar to how Arsenal played during their 49-match unbeaten run in 03/04. Plus heading too much can cause brain diseases later in life, which concerns me.

My favourite tactic is quality through balls and runs in the final third. We need to exploit the amount opposing defenders are trying to utilize the offside trap due to these overly-strict new rules. So we need a fast and clinical centre-forward, with the team plotting ways to feed his runs. Just my two-cents worth, tbh. 

• Like 1

Understand your viewpoint and reasoning, perhaps I should add that I don't favour constant lumping into the air, just the use of a bit of variation that means opponents don't know what is coming next and can't use tactics that negate our methods easily. Balls along the ground are amongst the easiest to cut out and whilst it is a method suited to really top class sides, we don't quite fit into that category (yet), but thanks for the response and let me give you your first "like" 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Old Codger said:

Understand your viewpoint and reasoning, perhaps I should add that I don't favour constant lumping into the air, just the use of a bit of variation that means opponents don't know what is coming next and can't use tactics that negate our methods easily. Balls along the ground are amongst the easiest to cut out and whilst it is a method suited to really top class sides, we don't quite fit into that category (yet), but thanks for the response and let me give you your first "like" 

Well said mate, I myself do like to see goals scored by diving headers. Perhaps I was more worried about over-practice of standing headers in training (I've seen a lot of clubs do it during pre-match warm up). But sorry for raising the comment in direct response to you, it's obviously nothing personal. 

Take care mate, 

Up the Boro 

• Like 1

Always happy to see different viewpoints, especially when given with reasoning...  feel free to put any opinion forward, it is what  the forum is about, you will be OK most of the time and the key thing to realise is there is always someone who will disagree and as you say, it is rarely personal, just a different point of view   

• Thanks 1
  • boro-unger changed the title to New Members Come and Say Hi!