oneBoro Forum
oneboro

Welcome new members! Read before joining & come say hi 👋

On 7/31/2020 at 8:14 PM, McMordie said:

Hi everyone.

Thanks for accepting my registration and I hope everyone is relaxing in the glow of another year in the Championship.

Some here might know me from FMTTM and will know that I'm of the "it was much better in the 1970s" of Boro supporters. My first game was the first home match of 1971/72 (Boro 3 QPR 2 as you ask) so I'm frighteningly close to clocking up 50 years of pain and suffering.

I look forward to getting to know people here and apologise in advance to Erimus74 if I ever step on his toes with my memories.

Speaking of which:

49 years ago today - Hibernian 0 Boro 2 in a preseason friendly.

Boro were second best for much of this match and Maddren cleared an early chance off the line. Nobby Stiles then picked up an injury while tackling Bertie Auld, but hoped to be fit for the return friendly the following Saturday, when Hibs would visit Ayresome Park. Hamilton headed just wide for Hibs on half time but Boro came more into it after the interval.

Hickton had a golden chance to put Boro ahead when Stanton played a back pass straight to him but Pryce tipped his shot over.

Hibs tired in the later stages and the breakthrough for Boro came on 86 minutes. Boam played a superb through pass which Laidlaw took in his stride and chipped over the keeper. A couple of minutes later Boro sealed the win when substitute McMordie sent Hickton away down the right and Big John cut inside to fire home.

Hibs - Bryce, Brownlie, Shevlane, Blackley, Stanton, O'Rourke, Stevenson, Hamilton, Baker, Auld, Duncan.

Boro - Whigham, Jones, Spraggon, Stiles, Boam. Maddren, Downing, Mills (McMordie), Hickton, Vincent, Laidlaw.

Att  9000

Top of the charts - Get it On by T Rex.

Hi McMordie, hope you're well my friend, season is starting & with it the back in days too 

We did seem to play a lot of pre season friendlies v Hibs, wonder why that come about, do you know why? 

Morning Erimus.

I have wondered about the Hibs thing myself and I've no idea why we always seemed to play them. Maybe just because it was a good base for a mini tour of Scotland - we had a number of games against Hearts too.

We were playing friendlies against Hibs as long ago as 1903 and one of them led to us signing Bobby Atherton, who became the first Boro player to play international football (for Wales) before dying in 1917 when his ship sank while serving in the Merchant Navy during the First World War.

Edited by McMordie

Hey everyone -- hope everyone is good and how great it is to be amongst fellow Boro fans on this new website!  I've been living in southern California since 2007 and although I get homesick I feel a bit better by logging on and also watching and listening to the lads playing live-- Maddo is my saviour-- along with lots of other friendly names I see on this board already!

Anyway, here's looking forward to the new season under NW -- wow what a breath air this guy has pumped into our club-- it was needed, long over due you could say. I just hope we can get some decent players in and start to excite the fans once again. Onwards and upwards as they say!!

All the best 

Expat Smoggie

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Expat Smoggie said:

Hey everyone -- hope everyone is good and how great it is to be amongst fellow Boro fans on this new website!  I've been living in southern California since 2007 and although I get homesick I feel a bit better by logging on and also watching and listening to the lads playing live-- Maddo is my saviour-- along with lots of other friendly names I see on this board already!

Anyway, here's looking forward to the new season under NW -- wow what a breath air this guy has pumped into our club-- it was needed, long over due you could say. I just hope we can get some decent players in and start to excite the fans once again. Onwards and upwards as they say!!

All the best 

Expat Smoggie

Welcome smoggie 👍

Welcome. Hope you are keeping safe over the pond. I think we are in for a much better season than the last 4 👍🇺🇸

10 hours ago, Expat Smoggie said:

All the best 

Expat Smoggie

Indeed welcome ES although we have been around for quite sometime!

It's great that we have so many overseas members and I often wonder hat time it is where they are when a match is being played especially the evening games.

Hi Everyone

My name is Mark and I have been a regular browser of this forum over the years, so I have decided to set up an account.

I also wanted to introduce myself as the new chairman of Middlesbrough Supporters Forum (MSF)

In terms of MSF going forward, I think it’s obvious we need to better at communication. So I will address that as a starting point. I have created an account on here, and also on other forums. I have also set up a new MSF Facebook page. I also want to get the minutes out from meetings a lot quicker.

I also want to change the perception of the group from exclusive to inclusive. So as well as looking to bring new supporter groups on board I also want to have a range of supporters and guests at meetings to give views. So you may get an invite?

I’m also working on a couple of things in the background that will help with tracking issues, questions we ask the club etc.

So hopefully you will see some positive changes over the coming weeks. And I hope people just give me a bit of time to prove the worth MSF.

Thanks

• Like 5

Welcome aboard 

Looking forward to the changes you implement. May I suggest you post a link to the Facebook page so those that have it can check it out 👍

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mark_MSF said:

Hi Everyone

My name is Mark and I have been a regular browser of this forum over the years, so I have decided to set up an account.

I also wanted to introduce myself as the new chairman of Middlesbrough Supporters Forum (MSF)

In terms of MSF going forward, I think it’s obvious we need to better at communication. So I will address that as a starting point. I have created an account on here, and also on other forums. I have also set up a new MSF Facebook page. I also want to get the minutes out from meetings a lot quicker.

I also want to change the perception of the group from exclusive to inclusive. So as well as looking to bring new supporter groups on board I also want to have a range of supporters and guests at meetings to give views. So you may get an invite?

I’m also working on a couple of things in the background that will help with tracking issues, questions we ask the club etc.

So hopefully you will see some positive changes over the coming weeks. And I hope people just give me a bit of time to prove the worth MSF.

Thanks

That's a nice positive to today Mark. Welcome to the forum. It would be nice for us to be included in MSF going forward.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Blanco said:

That's a nice positive to today Mark. Welcome to the forum. It would be nice for us to be included in MSF going forward.

I agree with you and that is the plan once the regular meetings get up and running again. They are a bit ad hoc at the moment with the current situation. It may be that going forward will continue on zoom, so a rep could join that way.

If those on the forum want to have a think about how they would like to attend meetings going forward, i.e have the same person attend meetings or rotate it between 2 or 3 of you that would be great. I can then start to sort something out.

1 hour ago, Uwe said:

Welcome aboard 

Looking forward to the changes you implement. May I suggest you post a link to the Facebook page so those that have it can check it out 👍

Yes will do no problem. Not a lot on there at the moment, but it will be coming more active soon.

Will try and get meeting minutes up on there as soon as they finish. Also when possible do some facebook live meetings so all can view.

17 hours ago, Mark_MSF said:

Hi Everyone

Thanks

Welcome MarkI was aware of you and wondered when you wouldsign into the forum.

We have made attempts to be part and parcel of the forum in the past and were in an advanced stage. Sadly due to reasons this has not been fulfilled but hopefully we are now in a position to change that.

Always welcome to discuss via pm

18 hours ago, Mark_MSF said:

Hi Everyone

Thanks

Excellent News and warm welcome to the board Mark.